Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do have not have my CR-V yet. However I've been trying to read and learn as much as I can about it. I'm a little confused if I should set up my iPhone thru bluetooth or Apple Car Play. Does either give better results? I have most of my music on my iPod touch and I'm assuming I should just plug that into a USB port?

Thanks

·
Registered
515 Posts
I use both...longer drives I prefer Car Play for the ability to change from music to podcasts, etc. using the touch screen. I use Blutooth for quick errands, etc. when my phone is in my pocket and I don't feel like taking it out and plugging it in.
I don't notice an audio quality difference and I've got a pretty decent aftermarket speakers, amp and sub.

If I had to choose one I'd choose Car Play...so many more options.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i still have IPOD questions. in the manual (2018) they only mention using a USB connection. has anyone used their IPOD on bluetooth connectivity? also, if using bluetooth, does the music search, etc work?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use both...longer drives I prefer Car Play for the ability to change from music to podcasts, etc. using the touch screen. I use Blutooth for quick errands, etc. when my phone is in my pocket and I don't feel like taking it out and plugging it in.
I don't notice an audio quality difference and I've got a pretty decent aftermarket speakers, amp and sub.

If I had to choose one I'd choose Car Play...so many more options.
Hi Kai, Does the system automatically switch between wired car play and Bluetooth? For instance I want to plug it in for trips to charge while using maps, but if I just hop in the car without connecting the cable, will the Bluetooth still answer my phone?

·
Administrator
3,408 Posts
Yes.
Just the other day, I was waiting for wifey in my V (my phone was dead) and it connected automatically to her phone before she was in the garage.
I’ve also had my son in another car at a traffic light in front of us and it played the music from his phone via BT!
You can also switch between phones connected to the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I try to keep Bluetooth connections to a minimum, I just have my personal phone and Ipod added to my car, however any chance my CRV cannot find my my phone, it goes back to the ipod and although it prompts to reconnect, its an extra step that i can do away with. you can use your middle USB port for the ipod connection,leaving the port to the left for Android Auto/Apple Auto. That way when you are cycling through audio connections You have your phone for bluetooth, ipod is still connected, Satellite radio and etc

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an old decommissioned iphone 5 that I turned into basically an iPod Touch and connected to my carplay port to just leave in my car for maps, music and audiobooks. When I try to make a call through the cars system it goes to that and says no service (of course) instead of connecting to my iPhone 8 in my pocket. Any ideas how to make this work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts