Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two iphone 7+ linked but both are named “iphone”. I would like to change the names to something that differentiates the two. Need a step by step. Found one on another site but it didn’t work. Help!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I didn't see anywhere in the 2019 CR-V Owners Manual to change the name of a paired phone.
So perhaps you need to change the name of your iPhone in the Settings app on the phone?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,757 Posts
It takes the name as raccoon says from your iPhone. So perhaps you need to rename one PJ work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need another solution; name on iPhone has been my actual name since along time ago. I believe the solution is somewhere in the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you set the iphone name in kind of a weird place on your iphone... go to settings... general... about. Then click on Name, and change it. It is weird since there is nothing else you can set in this screen. As far as it being your actual name "forever" maybe but not likely. The iPhone likes to reset this name every time it is restored, or even if you reset network settings. I have no idea why but it is not a very stable setting, it likes to revert back.

Then delete the phone from the car, and go into bluetooth on the phone and "forget this device" --the CRV handsfree link--- finally re-add it, new name will appear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts