Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite following the owner's manual instructions, I can't get the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink to receive text massages. When I try to select a mail account in Phone Settings and click on "Select Account", I get "MAP MAS-iOS" instead of "Text Messages". I've checked the settings on my phone and everything seems OK, but I must be missing something. Any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have the same problem. I can find the settings for text messages, but I cant make them show up on the screen. Also, while my phone is bluetooth connected to the car, the phone does not give me an alert when I get a text.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Go to your phone Bluetooth setting- click on handsfree link and make sure show notifications is turned on. ( hopefully this will solve the problem)

·
Registered
219 Posts
If I recall correctly, the only messages that the Honda system will recognize from an iPhone are actual SMS text messages, the ones colored green on the iPhone. The usual messages from another iPhone, usually in blue or gray, will not be displayed or read.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You have to have the Iphone plugged in to receive texts. With Carplay up and running, you can receive texts. My issue is replying to texts--that feature is in an endless loop that keeps asking me if to record my reply, even though I just did. When I take the vehicle in I'll have them look at this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to have the Iphone plugged in to receive texts. With Carplay up and running, you can receive texts. My issue is replying to texts--that feature is in an endless loop that keeps asking me if to record my reply, even though I just did. When I take the vehicle in I'll have them look at this.
According to the Owners's Manual (pg 422), texts can be received via Bluetooth/HandsFreeLink. I sure can't get it to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts