Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read anything about whether iPhone 5 will be compatible with the USB port in the Gen 4s? Wondering if the port would either accept the iP5 outright with its new Lightning cord, or if you used your pre-Lightning cord with a Lightning adapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ignore the previous post, it was posted a week ago and the phone didn't even come out until yesterday.

My iPhone 5 does NOT work via USB with my 2012 CR-V. After I plug it in, I get the "Loading..." screen for about 30 seconds, then it says "Unsupported". Pandora doesn't seem to work either. Disappointing! Hopefully it will work with the lightning dock adapter and the old USB cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just tried this tonight and I'm frustrated. No control from the stereo, and no audio out, except for the first second, like this: Start to play a song on your phone and then plug it in - for a moment, you will hear the music through your stereo if you have it set to iPod mode, then it dies. Very frustrating. I don't want to buy an adapter for this, and I'm not even sure an adapter will resolve the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bumping this thread - anyone have any luck with the 2012 CR-V and the iPhone 5? Mine still won't work when plugged in via the Lightning connector. I'm wondering if the 30-pin adapter might solve the problem (since my old iPhone 4 worked fine) but I don't want to spend $30 on the cable if it isn't going to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adapter doesn't work any better. I have an iphone 5 and have the same problems with USB regardless of whether I use the lightning cable or the old one with the adapter.

I mainly use Spotify. I was able to get past the initial "unsupported format" message when plugging in by downloading one track via iTunes. Now some music plays from Spotify and other tracks do not... Sometimes the track and artist name appears on the dash and sometimes the album art does too - but not always - it's spotty!

Sadly I have the same problems with my wife's RAZR Maxx. Am turning in my company owned iPhone 5 this week, and getting my own phone, and was considering a change to an Android device - but I'm not convinced - as I can't get any music to play via USB connection on my 2012 CRV on Android - and at least some music plays on my iPhone!

Fortunately, at least Bluetooth works for the most part - although the gain on bluetooth is very low, and I have to real;ly turn u pthe volume to get the same levels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
iPhone5 issues

I'm bumping this thread up...

I just bought my CR-V 2014 this week. I had no issues pairing my iPhone5 with iOS 7.0.3 or something like that.
I could make and receive calls, have access to my contact list, and Pandora, HondaLink, and my itunes songs play just fine through the Bluetooth streaming, and with the phone hooked up through the USB I have Pandora control with the ability to like, etc, and the info Pandora screen has everything you need to see.

There was no SMS reading though. It would be greyed out and not an option to receive or no way to turn on through the car system.

Looking up old posts I figured some of it out:

While in the car with the ignition on, wait for the phone to get connected.
On the iphone, go to Settings>Bluetooth and at HandsFreeLink click the Circle "i" and make sure Notifications is ON.
Make sure SYNC Contacts is ON, I think it's needed to see your contacts list.
After turning the car off and then on again, I had text reception so I get notified and I can select to read it on the CR-V LCD.

Unfortunately, there is still no way for me to Reply through the car's system. There ought to be, and I think I just have to find the right switch. The search goes on!

Back in 1992: Which IRQ or DMA or DIP do I have to set to get my sound card to work??

Edit... I see on the honda website that although the iPhone 5 is compatible with the CR-V there is no way to reply to the text message you read on the system in the car. You have to tap it out on the phone like normal.

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I have the 2012 With Nav. I found that the Apple supplied lightning cable did not work. What worked was an iPhone 4 to lightning adapter. Now I've found a great lightning cord that actually works like it should. It has to do with the cable having an adapter already on it for micro-usb to lightning. Everything works and it is a great and sturdy cable. I believe any cable like this will work.

I'm just so happy I got it to work.

On amazon search for iPhone 6 Charger Apple Certified, F-color™ 6ft 2-in-1 Braided 8 pin Lightning Cable & Micro USB Cable

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hello, I have the 2012 With Nav. I found that the Apple supplied lightning cable did not work. What worked was an iPhone 4 to lightning adapter. Now I've found a great lightning cord that actually works like it should. It has to do with the cable having an adapter already on it for micro-usb to lightning. Everything works and it is a great and sturdy cable. I believe any cable like this will work.
I'm just so happy I got it to work.
On amazon search for iPhone 6 Charger Apple Certified, F-color™ 6ft 2-in-1 Braided 8 pin Lightning Cable & Micro USB Cable
That is weird. The Apple lightning cable works just fine with my iPhone 5S and 2012 CR-V. So does bluetooth music and handsfree calling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts