Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no problem with my iPhone bluetooth 3 GS connection. I replaced the old iPhone with a new iPhone 5. Every thing works except when Receiving calls. It connects to Handsfree on the phone but there is no sound from speakers. I have to connect to phone and then connect back to Handsfree manually to activate it. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the same problem. I fiddle with all the setting and I can't get it to work. However, if I make a call, it works, but not when I receive a call.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Howdy. This issue is affecting lots of folks. Sorry, I don't have any links handy, but you can Google and find many discussions. Some auto manufacturers are fixing it, others are waiting for Apple.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My iPhone 5 links up with my 2012 CRV (the basic model) over bluetooth and the audio on the handsfree works fine, although there does seem to be a pause for a second at the beginning of an incoming call answer. Keep messing with it, I'm pretty sure you can get it to work if I could. Are you using the latest iOS6 version?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I found this in an Apple forum and it works for me (Honda 2013 CR-V RES). Make this one-time setting change on your iPhone:

Bruce2125: I found that by going to Preferences/General/Accessibility/Physical and Motor/Incoming Calls and changing it from Default to Headset forces the iPhone to use the 'Headset' if one is available for incoming calls. As the bluetooth speaker on the handsfree is effectively a 'Headset' incoming calls are directed to the bluetooth speaker. When the phone is out of the car and the handsfree disconnects itself the phone behaves normally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm still unable to reply to text messages. 2013 EX-L here...no navi.
Congratulations on your 2013 purchase, sending messages and incoming calls are not supported with the iPhone 5. You can find compatible phones that are supported under the Honda handsfreelink.com website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It had been an issue with iphone5 difficulty in picking up incoming calls via hands free link steering wheel toggle. But worry no more as a new update 6.1 is being installed and know what...able to receive calls brilliantlii. I've tried all my 5 friends to call me and got through it. Yippppeeey

Ces

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know about all problems, but today I put my iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 back to its default settings and I was able to answer calls. Either the iOS update fixed it or it was my flipping it in and out of its defaults. Honda 2013 CR-V RES.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts