Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to the group. I have a 2010 CRV. I have never been able to charge my iPhone in my car. I have the lighter plug, and I have had several. I also use the Apple Official lightning cable. Nothing works. It seems to charge for a few seconds, but after that, I get a message on my phone that the devise is not compatible. I have moved all the charging apparatus over to my Chevy, and it works fine. Does anyone have any idea why this problem exists?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but the phone AND lightning cable are new (and the cable is from the apple box). And like I said, it charges in my Chevy using the same apparatus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other than diagnosis, what good would that do? I have tried both ports in the front (one on the dash and one in the center console).

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Maybe you have a blown fuse. Take a look at your fuses and let us know the results!

·
Administrator
3,298 Posts
I suspect there is power, but plug in another device and also check both from power outlets.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is it a third party or older transformer (the part that goes into cigarette lighter to convert it from 12 volts to 5)? Many of the older ones only produce 1 amp, and newer smartphones call for 2+ amp transformers. I know I can use the 1 amp on my android phones, but it will just charge much slower. (and if the screen or nav app is on, you may not even notice it charging at all, because those draw just about the full 1 amp) In fact, the vehicle's usb ports only produce 1 amp

Apple also has a tendency to design some products to reject anything but their accessories, so they can have the income. If it is a third party, this could be the reason for the message or issue. Are you using that same transformer in the other car? 12 volts is 12 volts, so it shouldnt really matter where it is plugged in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts