Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I know it has probably been asked around here already, but I just can't find the answer.

I found IronMan lift springs for my 1st gen V at a local dealer - they give +2 inches lift.

The only question here that noone (even the dealer) is able to answer. Do I need longer shocks for this or can I just put them on the original stock ones? Apart from the fact I can't afford new tyres+springs+shocks at the same time, there aren't any longer shocks for 1st gen I could buy in my country.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. If you have any information whatsoever, pleeeeease share :<

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rickman,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately this is OLD MAN EMU - I can't get these anywhere. Cost of shipping the parts half the world are silly. Its comforting however that OME can be used with stock struts.

The only difference I have noticed between OME and IronMan appears to be the size. OME provides 1.75 inch lift whereas IronMan springs are full 2". I would assume it shouldnt make big difference but still can't find the answer :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have ironmans on my V. i used factory struts. there currently isn't any longer front struts made for a first gen CRV. KYB makes a longer strut for the rear that is a cross with another application. it will obviously ride rougher with the increased spring strength. can fit 225/75/15s under the V, 235/75/15s will require trimming of plastic pieces.

here is mine with the ironmans and 215's.
946057_10151983584856306_783479204_n.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts