Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to everyone.

The turn signal built in to the driver's side mirror is generating irregular flashes while the vehicle is parked. The lights are not on and I haven't pressed the start button. Attaching a video link so you can see the problem.

Any ideas of where I can start troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,662 Posts
Greetings to everyone.

The turn signal built in to the driver's side mirror is generating irregular flashes while the vehicle is parked. The lights are not on and I haven't pressed the start button. Attaching a video link so you can see the problem.

That's a new one to me.
My concern would be that something is clearly drawing power when it shouldn't be, which could lead to a dead battery.
I'd start by pulling fuses to try and get it narrowed down to a specific system, then dive deeper into that system.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,498 Posts
Greetings to everyone.

Thanks,
Ken

check front and rear signals that they are operating properly

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,226 Posts
Have you also checked for slight flashing on the front turn signal. That led is connected in parallel to the mirror led. Both are driven from the body control module.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,044 Posts
If all other signals/indicators work, then this could be as simple as replacing the LED strip in that mirror.

Looks to me like its fried.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies. I've tested the hazard flashers and both turn signals, and I am leaning towards what TheDarkKnight said.

The mid section of the passenger side turn signal seems to be burnt out. I'm attaching two more video links so you can see the results of my tests.

How difficult is it to replace these strips? Can I buy just a strip, or do I have to buy two new mirrors?

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,498 Posts
The light in the housing can be purchases seperately. They also have the non oem sequential ones on ebay but should be covered under warranty if your still in it

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,226 Posts
Before you start buying parts you need to figure out why there is a voltage being applied to the LED. The body control unit supplies the voltage when the turn signal is activated. So either there is a problem with the BCM or there is a short in the wiring/connector.
Edited
There is no LED in the center section, The LEDs are located in the two ends of the light, so the center is dimmer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts