Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason why I'm asking this question is as follow. No, I'm not denying that we have fuel in the oil because I experienced it in my last oil change. Now what I'm not able to rationalize is how come my fake oil level does not continue to climb upward? After I changed my oil at 4K miles and after 1K miles of driving, my fake oil level went up from between the dots on the dipstick to about 3/4. At the rate that I observed, my fake oil level should theoretically be up to the full mark by now but it was not when I checked it over this weekend. So what gives? Is it happening like Honda said that we should expect it to happen? Why has this rise in oil level only happened dramatically after a fresh oil change and not as much afterward? I'm puzzled.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The reason why I'm asking this question is as follow. No, I'm not denying that we have fuel in the oil because I experienced it in my last oil change. Now what I'm not able to rationalize is how come my fake oil level does not continue to climb upward? After I changed my oil at 4K miles and after 1K miles of driving, my fake oil level went up from between the dots on the dipstick to about 3/4. At the rate that I observed, my fake oil level should theoretically be up to the full mark by now but it was not when I checked it over this weekend. So what gives? Is it happening like Honda said that we should expect it to happen? Why has this rise in oil level only happened dramatically after a fresh oil change and not as much afterward? I'm puzzled.
Did the apply the "fix" at your last oil change? If so, perhaps it is helping you.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
Careful, if you are inferring that OD isn't an actual PROBLEM, you will be branded as a HONDA FANBOY. :Darn:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Keep monitoring the level if its not too much trouble...and report back.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was OP thinking linear. If 1000K miles after and oil change I have X additional inches of oil, I should have double that at some additional mileage. Why does it level out?
I don't think it levels out. I think it might increase a tiny bit. I now have 1.5K more on the car after the OC but it is not increasing at the same rate as it was initially right after the OC. That's my puzzlement. Unless now that the oil is even thinner than 0W-20, the car is burning more oil.

Oh well, I'll wait until the next oil change to see if it is just wishful thinking on my part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.