Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 MY Diesel CRV has 90k miles on the clock. I purchased 2 years of Happiness Guarantee when the car was 3 years old and this is now coming to an end. I'm being quoted £400 to extend for a year.
The policy summary seems to make heavy weather of 'wear and tear' being excluded and I suspect that most things that will need attention at this mileage will come under 'wear and tear' anyway.
Anyone had experience of Honda Happiness on a 5 year old CRV around 100k miles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be happy if I don't feel ripped off.
When I bought original extension to warranty when the car was 3yrs old I specifically asked what was covered and was told "it is identical to warranty when car was new". NOT SO. When clutch was changed under warranty (for 2nd time at 85k miles after first one at 65k miles) I was informed that on Happiness claims they didn't change the wear parts so eg thrust bearing not renewed.
As a result I'm suspicious about 'wear and tear being excluded' as it seems to me that after 5 years virtually everything will be classable to some degree as wear and tear.
Hence the Q. Anyone had experience of Honda Happiness on a 5 year old CRV around 100k miles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts