Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a New CR-V last month and was mildly surprised to see it was a Japanense bulit unit. It was made last Nov before the Auto market crash could be reacteted to by Automakers.

Now with excess capacity in the Ohio plant...have they stopped Imports on CR-V or any other models of Honda?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Pretty much all of the Honda dealerships are not accepting any new inventory on their lots until they start selling what they have. I can't say for certain, but I would assume that no new inventory is being imported from Japan also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
was it a 100% japanese built CRV from Sayama? Those usually don't show up after the first model year if there is a factory making the same car in the US. Honda does the same with the accord, the first year of new body design accords come from japan, then later years come from ohio. In 2007 CRVs came from Japan, in 2008 there was a mix, and in 2009 they're from ohio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Made in Japan

Same here. I just purchased a new CR-V last week in CA. It was made in Japan.

Read an earlier post that the cargo liner that is sold in the US doesn't fit the CR-V made in Japan. US part# 08U45-SWA-100. A CR-V owner outside the US found a cargo liner for his Japanese made CR-V that fits better and has better function for the cargo tie downs, part# 08U45-SWE-700. Is there anyway to order this part # through a US Honda dealer?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here. I just purchased a new CR-V last week in CA. It was made in Japan.

Read an earlier post that the cargo liner that is sold in the US doesn't fit the CR-V made in Japan. US part# 08U45-SWA-100. A CR-V owner outside the US found a cargo liner for his Japanese made CR-V that fits better and has better function for the cargo tie downs, part# 08U45-SWE-700. Is there anyway to order this part # through a US Honda dealer?
I bought a WeatherTech Cargo liner for my Japanese CR-V... Liner made in the USA and fits my Asian CR-V just fine.

I can not belive the Japanese built car is AT ALL different in dimentions from the USA built car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Japanese CR-V

My documents on my 09 said only transmission and engine made in Japan,car assembled in Mexico or USA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pretty much all of the Honda dealerships are not accepting any new inventory on their lots until they start selling what they have. I can't say for certain, but I would assume that no new inventory is being imported from Japan also.
Can only say that 1000's upon 1000's of NEW imports are being stored in places all around SE Georgia, and that includes Honda's. More coming in almost daily to the places I past.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a New CR-V last month and was mildly surprised to see it was a Japanense bulit unit. It was made last Nov before the Auto market crash could be reacteted to by Automakers.

Now with excess capacity in the Ohio plant...have they stopped Imports on CR-V or any other models of Honda?
how can you tell it assembled in Japan? where can I find that label from

·
Registered
2 Posts
No need to look at VIN

Every car manufacturer has a sticker on the inside of the drivers door on the frame of the vehicle.
They are usually a white sticker or metal tag along the drivers door frame.

It will say, made in Japan or made in USA etc etc... even porsche has a sticker that says made in Germany. I've seen them and my CRV has one that says, made in USA.

Every car has one! It's some kind of regulation. Anything you buy has to state where it was made.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
A lot of the parts in our beetle say "made in mexico" some parts are made in different parts of the world as well. Just because it was constructed in Japan doesn't mean the steering wheel didn't come from Russia, and the seats from Mexico (if that happens) as an example.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Now GM is going to import their cars from china in growing numbers over the next few years. Since when did it get cheaper to build a car halfway around the world and ship it here instead of building the car domesticaly and selling it here. Maybe the UAW know why:D

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Probably because what they have to pay people in another country may be less. Then again, GM's aren't necessarily cheap as it is... nor is there one out right now that I particularly want, unless you are counting the Daimler-Chrystler stuff... then I want a Charger... Is Chrystler part of Gm? I thought it was, maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
No Chrystler is a seperate car company that is united with Dodge and Jeep. And Chrystler, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai work together to develope new stuff. The Turbo four in the Hyundai genisiss coupe is a similar engine that is in the Evos.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Okay that's what I was thinking, I know of a lot of Dodge's that wound up with Mitsubishi motors, well I know of at least two, and I skepticized that the Mitsubishi Galant has similar shaping to the Dodge Charger... I think it's the tail-light shaping and the way the wake leaves the last angle of the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just bought a CR-V EXL from Washington Honda, Washington PA, to my surprise it was imported from Japan. Most of the CR-V's that I looked at before the purchase were made in Ohio.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts