Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am an expat recently moved to the Philippines and I have purchased from a colleague a 2013 CRV (acquired brand new in 2014), the "top of the line" 2.4 SX AWD model made in Thailand. I love the car, it has less than 17k miles / 27k km, well mantained, full service records and all, but there are some weird things for a top of the line model, such as having parking camera, but no parking sensors; having keyless entry and start-stop button, but no bluetooth radio :D

The problem is I came to realize that the car does not have the ISOFIX brackets only after I purchased it.... while the "lower-spec" Japanese with 2.0 engine does. :confused:

TBH, it is very weird that a family-oriented car, made in 2013, came out with no ISOFIX brackets, but I am interested in solving this problem. We have 2 sons and our 8-month baby would be much safer in the Maxi Cosi ISOFIX base than he is now, using seat belts. Actually, by May he will outgrow his current baby seat and the next one cannot be strapped in any other way besides the ISOFIX base.

I have tried talking to Honda over here and, although Philipinos do speak English, it is very difficult to explain to them that I would like to know what would be needed to retrofit the ISOFIX kit. While I am waiting for an answer from them, I would like to know how can I learn more about retrofitting the ISOFIX system to the car.

This is an image of a 2013 CRV with ISOFIX:

By the looks of it, the ISOFIX lays on the BACK REST and not on the chassis itself, am I correct? Would anybody be able to tell me, if your car does have ISOFIX, where exactly are your brackets (chassis or the seat itself) and, knowing it`s a long shot, if simply replacing the rest of the back seat will do the trick (if you happen to know the part #, even better!).

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As per forum rules I am not allowed to post any links or pictures before I have 5 posts, I will add the pics as soon as I reach that milestone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hello! I got a 2014 too.
normally, either has OR Latch - two latches where you sit (US) OR Tether (Europe). Mine has a square with an anchor logo
on roof.
I ask you because I bought a 3 in 1 Maxi Cosi baby seat, and can fit both ways.
Whick is your model?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello! I got a 2014 too.
normally, either has OR Latch - two latches where you sit (US) OR Tether (Europe). Mine has a square with an anchor logo
on roof.
I ask you because I bought a 3 in 1 Maxi Cosi baby seat, and can fit both ways.
Whick is your model?
I have a Maxi Cosi Familyfix, with a Pearl seat.

It seems like the Thai made CRVs for the Australian market also do not offer ISOFIX.

Our unit does have 2 tether anchors, one on each side, behind thr back seat, but no lower anchors (usually marked by plastic dots on the back seat). Our back seat is just plain black leather, besides the little pocket to stow away the center seat belt.

There is no anchor on the roof.

Once I get enough posts, I will add pictures of our car. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those latches been around in hondas even in our 2002 civic. I am surprise you dont have it. Our 2008 CRV had it too.
I know, those things were available in the VW Golf since 1998!!

It really seems like some Thai made CRVs did not get the ISOFIX anchors for whatever reason that may be.

I am from Brazil and, since the government safety agency had not tested the ISOFIX system, no child seat in Brazil could be sold with ISOFIX alone (some of our cars were made with ISOFIX anyways). That changed only a few years ago, but I could actually get a ticket for using a baby seat that was not certified locally.

Anyways, now all cars made in Brazil have to comply with higher safety standards, which is nice, but..... I am not in Brazil. I am in the Philippines, with a 2013/14 CRV that came with no ISOFIX :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know, those things were available in the VW Golf since 1998!!

It really seems like some Thai made CRVs did not get the ISOFIX anchors for whatever reason that may be.

I am from Brazil and, since the government safety agency had not tested the ISOFIX system, no child seat in Brazil could be sold with ISOFIX alone (some of our cars were made with ISOFIX anyways). That changed only a few years ago, but I could actually get a ticket for using a baby seat that was not certified locally.

Anyways, now all cars made in Brazil have to comply with higher safety standards, which is nice, but..... I am not in Brazil. I am in the Philippines, with a 2013/14 CRV that came with no ISOFIX :(
yes, because Golf meets Europeans standards. They won´t mutilate safety in a car for making it cheaper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
As I said, I would add pictures to make myself clear about this.

Here is a picture of a 2013 CRV with ISOFIX:

http://hondagalleries.com/CarPhotos/2013-honda-cr-v-ex-black/

Here's a part of the Australian review on the 2013 Aussie market model:

"Australian-spec models do not receive ISOFIX preparation and the top-tether latches are located at the aft end of the cargo compartment’s ceiling. This sees the straps cut into usable cargo space."
https://www.motoring.com.au/honda-cr-v-2013-launch-review-33737/

Anyways, here are some pictures of my CRV:

From that, I guess I can conclude that, if I really want to have ISOFIX in my car, I would have to source a back seat, right? It does not look to me as just adding the brackets, as I`ve seen in some VWs, Audis or the Ford Focus.

Would anyone be able to provide the code or tell me how can I obtain the part number for the back seat with ISOFIX?

My in-laws have a Toyota Etios with no ISOFIX. They have added the ISOFIX to the 2016 model onwards, I believe, and all I have to do is to change the back seat.

Thanks once again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts