Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CR-V EX AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New here. I have a 2014 CR-V with AWD and am getting ready to do a transmission fluid changeout. Another poster asked the same question in another post but never got a response so I thought I too would ask. There is an external automatic transmission filter located under the airbox. It is held in by a clamp and served by two rubber hoses. IF I am going to change out the transmission fluid shouldn't that 'filter' also be changed? You wouldn't keep the same engine oil filter and just change the oil. So, is this 'filter' a real pleated filter or just a screen inside to catch the big stuff? I spoke with the dealer when I bought the fluids and of course, "We never change them." Reminds me of 'that fluid is permanent.' IF it needs or should be changed, so be it, if not then on with the service. One more thing if you all don't mind. Where can I get a real Honda service manual? I looked around and can find owners manuals and third party service manuals but not Honda service manuals. THANKS for any information provided.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,577 Posts
It's a strainer, you would never replace it except possible when replacing a transmission. Just drain and fill the transmission.
As for a hard copy of a service manual, there are none. You can access the information online from Honda but there is a annual subscription fee. You can also purchase a per day access for $10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts