Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I am going mad due to the lockdown
I have now done 1,500 miles in my new hybrid
when I have been out the last few days it is like driving a different car around the town is is far more responsive
I know with diesels they say you need to do 10,000 miles or more before they run to there best and I am sure it is programed into the ECU
Is it me?

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
413 Posts
I don't know if I am going mad due to the lockdown
I have now done 1,500 miles in my new hybrid
when I have been out the last few days it is like driving a different car around the town is is far more responsive
I know with diesels they say you need to do 10,000 miles or more before they run to there best and I am sure it is programed into the ECU
Is it me?
The car never fails to impress. Not sure if my driving style has changed as my experience is mainly manuals but I find the driving experience has exceeded my expectations. Compared to previous cars it still amazes me even after 12 months ownership.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,141 Posts
Same can be said for the 1.5T CVT.

In the year I have had it, while amassing several thousands of miles, the engine feels very refined, brisk and eager to move. Its as if maturation is getting better as I drive it/as time goes on. So its not surprising to hear both @CRV4575 and @Charlie1960 both saying that the experience and expectations of your Hybrids is identical to the experience and enjoyment that I'm deriving.

It really is a class act the CR-V, whichever guise it comes in - ICE or Hybrid.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car never fails to impress. Not sure if my driving style has changed as my experience is mainly manuals but I find the driving experience has exceeded my expectations. Compared to previous cars it still amazes me even after 12 months ownership.
This is the first petrol car for my own use I have bought since 1990
My first brand new car was a diesel daihatsu fourtrack J reg
Since then it has only been diesels but I thought itwas time for a change as a lot of Citys are starting to ban diesel vehicles from entering
I collected my CRV early march just before lockdown and have been happy from day one
Ok it is not perfect but what car is as my local dealer has been shut since I collected it any questions have been answered on the forum
people on here know far more than the average salseman

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same can be said for the 1.5T CVT.

In the year I have had it, while amassing several thousands of miles, the engine feels very refined, brisk and eager to move. Its as if maturation is getting better as I drive it/as time goes on. So its not surprising to hear both @CRV4575 and @Charlie1960 both saying that the experience and expectations of your Hybrids is identical to the experience and enjoyment that I'm deriving.

It really is a class act the CR-V, whichever guise it comes in - ICE or Hybrid.
I am glad to hear it
it makes a change for people to be posting positive comments
quite often people only go on forums when they are unhappy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts