Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I had my windshield replaced on my 2015 CRV and I noticed that one section of the cowl is not sitting flush to the windshield? Should there be such a gap between the cowl and windshield?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Should be a tight fit all across the windshield. They didn't get all the tabs properly clipped in or they broke some tabs. You need to have them fix it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Should be a tight fit all across the windshield. They didn't get all the tabs properly clipped in or they broke some tabs. You need to have them fix it.
That’s what I figured, need to take my car back to them. Hopefully they didn’t break anything, are the tabs replaceable if broken? Or will they have to order a new cowl?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If broken they will have to replace with a new one, however I would think it would be at their cost. The cost is only $85.

thanks! By the way what will happen if water enters the gap beneath the cowl? Can it cause any water damage? I am definitely going to get them to replace it but I was just wondering .

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
No, it shouldn't cause any water damage. The water that would run behind the cowling due to the gap would have run down over the cowling then thru the slots in the bottom of the cowling. Thw water ends up in the same place, a gutter behind the cowling and finally some drain holes on the driver and passenger sides. The only problems that might occur over time is leaf litter finding its way behind the gap and clogging the gutter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts