Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start by saying I feel foolish and should have not just trusted the salesman. I just purchased a 2016 CRV-EX. During the test drive I was told by the salesman that satellite radio was standard and that all I had to do was transfer my account to the new vehicle. When I tried to have my XM account transferred I was told by the Sirius/XM rep that the new CRV is not equipped with an XM receiver. I have been in touch with the sales manager (who was in the car when the salesman told me XM was included on the vehicle). He said he wanted to make me happy but there was no option for them to upgrade the radio at the dealership. He said I could go to an after market installer and get a quote for an XM compatible system and he would "see what he could do to help me out". My questions are 1) is it true the radio can't be upgraded by the dealership with Honda specific equipment 2) if I go to Best Buy, etc. will anything they install work with the cameras and other electronics in the car 3) will any after market work not done by the dealership void my warranty. 4) if after market will work, what brand should I get?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes they will if you buy the right head unit. I just replaced my daughters CRC EX head unit with Pioneer. Plenty of great options out there with XM comparability. You just need to be sure the stock antennae works correctly with the XM.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts