Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can an average person with a few more than basic tools, repair the automatic lock system on a 2007 CR-V? The matters that are of concern for me are taking the inside panels off without bunging them up and to actually know what to do in the replacement of any needed mechanisms.

If it is reasonable to try to do this myself, what resources are available for the job to be successfully completed?

Thank you,

Joe

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Yes it’s possible and there are some YouTube "step by step" instructions out there. Those are the best!

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I agree with Rickman. Important tools are panel remover tools, plastic ones are the best in preventing scratches. Multimeter to test the electrical actuators. If you need diagrams I can post links to diagrams to guide you. Let us know.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Joe......There are several articles on YouTube concerning problems such as yours. There is one article that has TV Video coverage about Honda paying for the repairs. Might be worth checking out before attempting the repair, might just save you some $$$$. JMO.
David g.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not have any panel remover tools. Where is the best place to purchase them and are there just a certain number of them or are there all sorts of different tools for different applications?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
otto888man, would you please direct me to the guiding diagrams you mentioned? I am a visual learner, so it sounds like they would be of great help. Thank you, Joe

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts