Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it safe?

Tags
safe
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kamikazegrannie 
#1 ·
Hello,

Recently I was driving my CRV and it's a 4WD and suddenly I heard a big clank then scraping underneath. I looked out my rear view mirror and noticed a long pipe on the middle of the road, I was able to retrieve it safely and it turned out to be the drive shaft, some liquid was pouring out and since I was down to 2WD I drove about 10 miles home. I'm still not sure If I can drive it and I can't afford a repair. IS it ok to drive or DIY-able? I haven't been able to get to work on time because I've had to use public transportation and it's just making my situation worse. Thanks for any feedback!

#4 ·
"U" joints are rather thick metal. If they rusted enough to fall apart, I would wonder what else is rusted and ready to fall off. I would suggest you take you car some where that has a lift and have the the under side thoroughly inspected. There could be other things ready to go like brake lines, suspension components etc.
Better to use public transportation and get to work late than get in an accident and get to the hospital on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.