1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
701 Posts
Our registration says "space station wagon" which translates to minivan. It needs to have a user controllable four wheel drive to classify as a truck.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,436 Posts
To answer the original question: YES. ?

In the USA, the comparable VW Tiguan has standard 3rd row seats if it is FWD, while the AWD variants don't. Weird...but US companies have been playing that game for years. (Look at minivans...are they TRUCKS?)
Which trims come with 7-passenger seating standard?

Technically all trims come with 7-passenger seating standard. That includes the Tiguan S, the Tiguan SE, the Tiguan SEL and the Tiguan SEL Premium. All of these trims also come standard with FWD. The major difference occurs when you upgrade from FWD to 4MOTION® AWD.

If you opt for a 2018 Tiguan with 4MOTION® all-wheel drive, then you get 5-passenger seating. When you add 4MOTION®, you also get access to a special option package aptly named the 3rd-Row Package. This package adds back in your third row on 4MOTION®-equipped Tiguan models for just $500 added to the MSRP.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Inquired at the junkyard for the price of a particular part. One price for cars, a higher price for trucks. They classify the CR-V as a "truck", which means I have to pay more for certain parts. I don't see how this vehicle is a truck, but whatever.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
Interesting info. For me, it's just a large passenger vehicle. I made a point of not getting the AWD, just don't need it. Now I'm learning insurance wise that was a benefit also.

Aren't trucks suppose to be heavy duty vehicles? The cr-v seems much more like a car than a truck, in that regard. There's no part of it I'd call 'Heavy Duty' in any way?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts