Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does it drive / feel compared to the Civic other than that it's a lot bigger inside and out?

The interior does look a lot like a Civic.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't get me wrong, i miss my 2009 Civic EX dearly. I had just paid her off and not more than a month later, she was taken from me when i was stopped at a red light and this old guy in an older F150 plowed into my rear shoving me underneath a Chevy Tahoe or a Suburban. I mean that guy was going so fast that he shoved my trunk all the way up to where the back seat was. Anyhow, the Civic was plenty spacious for me and three others but the one thing i didn't like about it was the under powered 1.8 liter that it came equipped with unless you were in an SI. Seeing as how everyone around me was driving something larger and up higher off the ground plus my mom kept pleading with me to buy something larger was the reason i got into an CRV instead of something like the Pilot. In actuality i was really trying to hold out until the new Ridgeline was released because i wanted to be back into a pickup truck but the accident happened... Anyhow I love the 2.4 liter engine in the CRV; lots of pep and it's still great on gas. It looks like it's going to be easy as hell to work on as there is tons of room in the engine bay but i'm not looking forward to ever having to replace the drive shaft since mine is AWD and no one makes just the ujoints separately. Even though it's a much bigger vehicle on the road, i still have idiots that are in even larger vehicles that just can't seem to stay in their lane; they keep drifting into my lane or swerving all over because they are too busy texting or playing pokemon Go. Like last sunday, i was shopping with my mom at Costco and on our way home this girl in a new car was texting and driving. I was coming up to a light and immediately after it is another light at a four way intersection where the three left lanes turn left. Well since girl was texting and driving, she just went straight and would have clipped me if i didn't lay on the horn to tell her she was entering my lane when she was so close to me. Old girl freaked out and took off like a bat out of hell after she heard my horn, i bet she would have ran too if she did hit me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How does it drive / feel compared to the Civic other than that it's a lot bigger inside and out?

The interior does look a lot like a Civic.
I never thought this way but as I'm thinking more its. We bought two cars last year 15 Accord EX-L and 15 CRV Touring. I love accord as I always drove accord but this is our first time to get into SUV, I like it everything that touring offer but I hate suspension, they are very stiff compared to Accord and Civic. We used to have 04 civic which we trade and got crv ...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
... like a Civic? You gotta be kidding. Way different. Read the specs of each. In regards to the interior.....there are many similarities in all models of Honda in the general layout and controls. I find no fault with that. In fact, I believe Honda has the best layout of any brand of vehicle. The controls are easy to locate and use.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I drive a '14 Civic sedan and my wife drives a '13 CRV and I can tell you that driving down the same road in both vehicles the CRV is far more comfortable and has more power. They share the same chassis, but after that the CRV is an Accord. I love both cars and they both have performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I think the CRV is much closer to the Accord than the Civic. The 15+ CRV has the same engine and CVT transmission as the 2013+ Accord. The HRV has the Fit powertrain. I think the HRV is closer to the Civic than the CRV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Only thing that I don't like about our 15 CRV is the stiffer suspension compared to my 15 Accord, I guess we never had SUV so we aren't used too...other than this everything is awesome can't complain.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The CRV rides higher, has more cabin room and has more utility. It is also technically a crossover, not an SUV making it a blend of a car and SUV. I think it's the best modern vehicle concept. Many SUVs ride like trucks, but most crossovers drive like cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe that's true plus she hasn't drove a lot, it's been year and only got 3k miles so not sure how long will it take for spring to settled.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The best ride and handling will be achieved if the tires are inflated the the recommended specs posted on the door frame. Even a couple of pounds over will result in a 'bumpier' ride.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Okay, since I have a 16 CRV and 16 Civic EX-T, I can comment...no, they are not similar, steering is different, civic is way, way faster with the turbo, but cvt drives the same with the same lag...civic, speaking on EX-T model comes with remote start, android auto, power driver/passenger window auto up/down, projector headlights...you can't really compare the two tho, the crv has a little better build quality, with a higher price. CRV interior is wider and roomier in the back, but the civic has a ton of room in the back. I personally think they drive different, the crv is more comfortable, but the civic is more "fun". I will say, I do like both for different reasons, CRV is my wife's daily driver and we drive it when we go out. The civic is my daily driver and I don't think I could get rid of it!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Okay, since I have a 16 CRV and 16 Civic EX-T, I can comment...no, they are not similar, steering is different, civic is way, way faster with the turbo, but cvt drives the same with the same lag...civic, speaking on EX-T model comes with remote start, android auto, power driver/passenger window auto up/down, projector headlights...you can't really compare the two tho, the crv has a little better build quality, with a higher price. CRV interior is wider and roomier in the back, but the civic has a ton of room in the back. I personally think they drive different, the crv is more comfortable, but the civic is more "fun". I will say, I do like both for different reasons, CRV is my wife's daily driver and we drive it when we go out. The civic is my daily driver and I don't think I could get rid of it!
You're comparing apples to oranges. The 4th gen CRV has the 9th gen Civic chassis with the 9th gen Accord powertrain. Your '16 Civic is the 10th generation which the 5th gen CRV will be based off of.

·
Administrator
3,353 Posts
You're comparing apples to oranges. The 4th gen CRV has the 9th gen Civic chassis with the 9th gen Accord powertrain. Your '16 Civic is the 10th generation which the 5th gen CRV will be based off of.
That's what I thought! And the Accord is available with AWD as the Honda Inspire.
That said the CRV origins are in the Civic Wagon 4wd from the 80's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know, the civic is a lot cheaper too, but I was thinking they were asking between the 16 civic and 16 crv.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I know, the civic is a lot cheaper too, but I was thinking they were asking between the 16 civic and 16 crv.
Ahhh I got ya. Those new Civic's are freaking nice! I just can't justify getting rid of my '14 for a new one. Especially since I just hit 15K miles just the other day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ahhh I got ya. Those new Civic's are freaking nice! I just can't justify getting rid of my '14 for a new one. Especially since I just hit 15K miles just the other day.
haha, well, don't go drive one then! I needed a sedan, decided to try one out, was looking at a used 13 accord...got heck of a deal on a brand new civic, was almost a no brainer....3 year old accord with 36k miles, only powertrain warranty, or new civic with 6 miles :)
I have no regrets with it! I like the crv too, it is a good looking car, does decent on gas and is easy to drive...plus I am sure it will be super reliable (which is the main reason I bought it)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts