Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear fellow forum members,

I have a 2008 UK-spec CR-V EXL Sport with the optional 19" wheels.

Can you please help me to identify if there are any fuses under the hood which are switched with the ignition to which I can add the add-a-circuit to power something only when the ignition is on?

Background:
I want to power some DRLs but I want them to come on whenever the vehicle is running (ignition is on) rather than wiring them to the sidelights (parking lights) because that would mean they would only come on when I turn the lights on and I don't want to do that because I like to keep the lights in Auto mode.

I will have a controller module which enables the DRLs to dim at night. The controller module needs to be wired to:

1. a switched live - add-a-circuit from fuse under hood to provide power only when the ignition is on?
2. a trigger - which tells the module to dim the DRLs when the lights are on. The trigger will be the sidelights (parking lights)
3. the DRLs - self explanatory
4. ground - self explanatory

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am rather fascinated that noone could help with this but I can now report that as far as I can tell there is not a switched ignition fuse under the hood.

I will have to take power from the interior for my DRLs to only come on when the ignition is on.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
If you are looking for a switched curcuit all you need is a test light to check each fuse for power with the ignition turned off.

Test lights are cheap to buy if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was naively hoping that someone could say 'yes you can get switched ignition live from x fuse under the hood' before I received some add-a-circuits to test for myself.

Since receiving the add-a-circuits, today I set about determining which fuse under the hood if any is switched from ignition and it turns out none of them because they are all permanently live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts