Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the geniuses who owned this vehicle before me apparently completely deleted the charcoal canister and it keeps throwing P1457. I will put it this way, I am not in a emissions state and I give absolutely zero f*s about this code. I do not want it throwing. I do not care about this code. I do not and will not ever care about the charcoal canister or it's purpose. I do not care about smelling fuel when it starts up. I do not care about the negligible impact it has on the environment when the geniuses who run the world fly in private planes to Davos to discuss the rest of us eating bugs and owning nothing and liking it while they sit in their ivory f*ing towers.

That being said, is there a way to just completely disable this code? As you can see in the pictures the wire that would be connected to the charcoal canister is simply not connected to anything and just dangling around. They put the overflow where the charcoal canister should be and I had to put in a upgraded half radiator with a triple aliminum core to keep it nice and cool(even though it overheats going up grades a bit, comes right back down with heater on)

I know the ECU can be tricked into disabling the crank shaft sensor and I'm wondering if there's a similar method for disabling the P1457 evap code. I don't want to spend any more money on this thing. It's been a money pit. Luckily, it drives great now.

This code is effectively disabling me from knowing if there is something more serious going on as the light just stays on. Over the last few 1000 miles this is the only code that has been throwing and I keep deleting it. It's extremely aggravating and I want this code completely disabled as it effects the operation of my vehicle in absolutely no way what so ever.

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know this isn’t what you’re asking (I don’t know the answer), but you could get a code reader (I recently bought a blue driver and it works well), and you could check codes on a regular basis like checking your oil. It’s not all that expensive and useful to have.

From what I’ve read the check engine light is telling you when something is off that affects emissions. Another option is to totally ignore it and say if it feels like it’s running right then it’s alright.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure this is what I'm probably going to have to do. If someone knows of a way to just disable this code all together that would be great

·
Premium Member
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,252 Posts
There is no way to defeat the car's self diagnostic other than actual repairs.

The most problematic things (other than complete disregard for other people, the planet, society in general, anything that isn't you, etc.) are:

1, the car operates by burning fuel. That fuel can catch fire, burn you, kill you, damage the car, waste fire department resources, etc., LITERALLY ANY TIME YOU ARE ABLE TO SMELL IT. That is what fuel is designed for, so that's what it's supposed to do.

2, gasoline is a potent neurotoxin, it will penetrate the blood-brain barrier, and it will cause brain damage to you and anyone else who can smell it. You may already be suffering from this (IDK consult a doctor maybe), but for your health, you should not tolerate any amount of time spent in any environment where you can smell fuel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The most problematic things (other than complete disregard for other people, the planet, society in general, anything that isn't you, etc.) are:
I'll start caring about those things when the people who have stolen future generations wealth away from them and told them to eat bugs start caring about those things, which they don't. at all. what so ever. I'll also start caring about those things when China and India stop using fossil fuels to dig lithium out of the ground for "sustainable energy" guzzling more fuel than Klaus Schaub's private planes to Davos and Epstein island parties.

1, the car operates by burning fuel. That fuel can catch fire, burn you, kill you, damage the car, waste fire department resources, etc., LITERALLY ANY TIME YOU ARE ABLE TO SMELL IT. That is what fuel is designed for, so that's what it's supposed to do.
You understand the charcoal filters purpose, do you not? It's simply collecting a small amount of vent fumes. When the car is running, the smell is gone.

2, gasoline is a potent neurotoxin, it will penetrate the blood-brain barrier, and it will cause brain damage to you and anyone else who can smell it. You may already be suffering from this (IDK consult a doctor maybe), but for your health, you should not tolerate any amount of time spent in any environment where you can smell fuel.
I smoke cigarettes and drink beer, perhaps I like to live dangerously. Maybe we'll all just stop going to the gas station to fill up our tanks and buy electric cars as well because I can smell gasoline, far more than when I start my car, whenever I visit a gas station and that is probably giving us all brain damage. From now on everyone should stop going to gas stations because you can smell gasoline and you will have brain damage from this.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.