Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that I have to hit preset 1 to get the seat back into the position I left the vehicle in. I have plenty of room to get in without the seat moving back and would like to turn that feature off. This is on a touring. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The CR-V does that? Wow, only Acuras (and Lexus/Mercedes/BMW) have that feature. To disable it, Acura owners go into Vehicle Settings on the touchscreen and then they select Seat Position Movement At Entry/Exit. Depending on the set seating position the driver seat may move forward or rearward when entering/exiting the vehicle.

In the CR-V manual, I do not see any way to customize this on the Touring model. Page 192 in the manual simply mentions what Rocky stated above (which allows two different drivers to save their seating position and the car will automatically adjust the seats depending on which remote is in the car).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The CR-V does that? Wow, only Acuras (and Lexus/Mercedes/BMW) have that feature. To disable it, Acura owners go into Vehicle Settings on the touchscreen and then they select Seat Position Movement At Entry/Exit. Depending on the set seating position the driver seat may move forward or rearward when entering/exiting the vehicle.

In the CR-V manual, I do not see any way to customize this on the Touring model. Page 192 in the manual simply mentions what Rocky stated above (which allows two different drivers to save their seating position and the car will automatically adjust the seats depending on which remote is in the car).
I believe it was because driver 2 profile wasn't set yet and I was using the driver 2 fob. So upon entry, it was going all the way back.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I'm glad they are doing that and when you learn it, you will love it. The first car we had with memory seats was a Lincoln Towncar and it set the seat and outside mirrors based on which remote you used to unlock the door. Our last car was a Kia Optima and you pushed a button for 1 or 2 on the door to adjust for the driver.

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
Call it luck of the draw.
I hadn't noticed the "1" on the back of the fob I use until harrismoe mentioned it. I'd programmed button #1 with fob 1.
Its so Honda.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I believe it was because driver 2 profile wasn't set yet and I was using the driver 2 fob. So upon entry, it was going all the way back.
That is exactly it. As a work around, you could just recall preset 1, then store that to preset 2. That way the seat won't move, regardless of which key fob you use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just purchased a 2018 and prior to setting Driver 1 seat memory; the drivers seat moved back upon opening the door and exiting. Once I set the memory; the seat no longer moves. I had assumed the seat would continue to move back to allow easier egress and reset itself when I was back in the seat. Am using same fob - Driver 1. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just disabled all the key fob memory stuff on mine. Though, I'mthe only driver so I might feel differently if I shared a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

10th generation Accords with trim levels that include power seats backs up the seat when the driver opens the door as well, which means it will likely become standard on new generation Hondas with higher than base trim levels as well.

My CRV Touring does not... and I'm fine that it does not. It's an SUV... so it does not really need to do this for driver access. The new Accords however, the driver seat is quite low compared to prior years models.. so it makes sense that Honda did this with power seats in the new Accords.

Anyway.. the OP seems to have found the culprit for his CRV ... wrong key-fob or set not set for key-fob. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just purchased a 2018 and prior to setting Driver 1 seat memory; the drivers seat moved back upon opening the door and exiting. Once I set the memory; the seat no longer moves. I had assumed the seat would continue to move back to allow easier egress and reset itself when I was back in the seat. Am using same fob - Driver 1. Thanks for any help!
Raina, if you're the only driver, you can make this work.
Get in the car using Fob 1
set the seat all the way back
set that position in memory 1
Adjust the seat to the way you want to drive
set that position in memory 2
When you open the door with fob 1 on your person, the seat will move back. Once you sit down, press the memory 2 button and the seat will move to your preferred driving position. Press the memory 1 button to move the seat back again before you exit, if desired.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts