Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new tonight with this forum, so please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I just purchased a 2010 EX-L with the nav system. I'm coming from a 2003 Pilot that I used a Bluetooth adapter and used my phone for everything - navigation, radio, Spotify, etc. I understand that this model doesn't support Bluetooth audio streaming, but I'm wondering if there are any other options? I tried connecting it to the USB connection in the glovebox, but it says USB not supported. I'm not opposed to installing a newer unit, but I don't want to give up things like the backup camera if I do. Any advise or suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brand new tonight with this forum, so please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I just purchased a 2010 EX-L with the nav system. I'm coming from a 2003 Pilot that I used a Bluetooth adapter and used my phone for everything - navigation, radio, Spotify, etc. I understand that this model doesn't support Bluetooth audio streaming, but I'm wondering if there are any other options? I tried connecting it to the USB connection in the glovebox, but it says USB not supported. I'm not opposed to installing a newer unit, but I don't want to give up things like the backup camera if I do. Any advise or suggestions?

Thanks!
I'd like to know this too!

·
Registered
48 Posts
i just replaced my 08 ex-l with an android auto/carplay capable radio (sony ax-5000); it should be an easy upgrade. if you are quite handy with electronics you could do it yourself. if not best buy would be another route

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you still keep all of the other factory features (rear view camera, navigation, etc)? I've seen other posts where some folks don't mind losing those features. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2010 built-in factory features are almost easy to retain as long as you get the correct wire harnesses and steering wheel controller.
For my 08 crv ex-l which has the nav, bluetooth and cd changer - the cd changer no longer connected, the built-in mic also not connected (i tried to connect it but it does not work, the mic that came with the radio is i think better - just need to look for a place to mount it).
THere are two locations you need to connect all the factory built in devices to your new radio:
1) in the radio well and wire harness - all audio, rear camera, for audio steering wheel buttons (like play, forward)
2) in the bluetooth device below the passenger glove compartment - for the steering wheel controls and voice command/phone steering wheel buttons

if you want to do it yourself:
1) start with what radio you want (i recommend namebrand radios - avoid wireless carplay/android auto for now; the wired carplay/android auto are more reliable than the wireless ones. I have four wired (2-jvcs, 2 sonys) and 1 wireless recently kenwood for my 16crvex, wirelss still sometimes is cutoff . the wired carplay/androidA never cuts off

2) then go to crutchfield, get all the wiring harness and accessories you need - provide them your chosen radio and car model and all accessories will be provided to you. just go with the basic setup - wire harness, and steering wheel controller. I don't recommend going with the fancy controllers that will give you car gauges etc. stick to the simple steering wheel controller (i mostly use metra axxess controller, and used one idatalink steering wheel controller only -not the fancy one)

3) subscribe to hondatechinfo.com for one day, download all the audio schematic diagrams and study them before starting pulling out your radio.
4) in my case i try to test run the radio by supplying the basics, dc power and one speaker, so you could study and play with your radio settings before you even remove your radio. if you have an extra camera, try it as well. Having played with your radio settings will you be able to replace your radio in one day without any issues. Steering wheel controls are the hardest to setup. so familiarize yourself with your radio before removing your old radio. so you could finiish the install in one day.

i will post a link to my previous install for your guide

1 - 6 of 6 Posts