Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
No they do not. It only has the remote start on the FOB.
I kind of wonder why someone would want to start their car from across the country. Even if the idea is to keep the battery charged it just does not seem safe to me to start a vehicle that is not within your visual range.

Rob

·
Registered
996 Posts
We work in a building about 50 yards from the cars. His car is nice and warm when he gets out there...:mine, not so much
Then trade for a GM. OnStar is NOT your friend...Or you could take a quick walk outside until you are in range and start your vehicle...

(Not trying to be negative and I understand that you are looking for a solution...keep your CR-V :))

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm with Rob regarding the long distance remote start......why? The GMC p/u I traded in (on the CRV) got 12-13 mpg around town.........I much prefer the 26-27 mpg the CRV gets.:nod:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Honda offers it but not on the CR-V. It seems the vehicles with the newer infotainment system offer the feature through the HondaLink app, which would be handy because the range of the remote sucks. Maybe the CR-V will get with it's MCE.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've never tested the range, but last night I was about 25 yds. away, didn't have a line-of-sight (CRV was on other side of a vehicle), and I was behind a very thick glass door.
Started fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
25yds is really good! I'm lucky to get 25ft in the work parking lot, which is not a problem in my truck (GMC). Maybe some interference in the area that affects Honda's RF range because a coworker's Pilot remote range is equally as bad?

·
Registered
63 Posts
No they do not. It only has the remote start on the FOB.
I kind of wonder why someone would want to start their car from across the country. Even if the idea is to keep the battery charged it just does not seem safe to me to start a vehicle that is not within your visual range.

Rob
situations come up... you never know.

like my wife gets dropped off from the commuter train and old style remote start obviously doesn't work until after you get off the train and are within x feet. now with her equinox she can start it 5 minutes out so it's lit up and warming up.

also one time i went for a motorcycle ride, came home to a locked house, my wife unlocked her car from her phone (she was out with a friend) so i could use the garage opener.

other manufactures are going to that set-up, i'd think honda will too

I think she can check her tire pressure and oil life, maybe other things too

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Just wondering if app startup requires a SIM chip?
I cannot see any other way of doing it. I guess if you have extra sims on your plan it would be worthwhile, if not it’s a lot of extra money for a feature that most people would rarely use.

·
Registered
2022 Honda CRV EX-L
182 Posts
We had that with our 2013 Hyundai Sonata and it cost me over $200 a year for a subscription and frankly, when you really wanted to use it (hot or cold) the damn thing wouldn’t work because the network was busy! I’ll take tge Honda version but with a bit more range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts