Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did an exhaustive search and I am coming to the conclusion that I cannot see my PSI unless I manually checked each tire. Is this correct? I'm coming from a Nissan Rogue where I was able to see the PSI on each tire on the display of the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The TPMS system built into the US Gen5 does not have pressure sensors. (It uses the ABS sensors and some fancy computer work to hazard a guess at the presence of a leak.)

I bought a cheap system from Amazon that has a little solar-powered unit sitting on the dash and some special valve caps with pressure transducers in them. There are also systems that come with traditional TPMS valve stems, and others where the display fits in one of the button-blanks on the dash. And some operate via Bluetooth instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that stinks. I got to go ahead and buy a tire PSI checker. I know when I bought new vehicles in the past they over inflate the tires and forget to deflate to proper PSI at delivery.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
360 Posts
PROVIDED you do your own diligence and actually periodically measure your tire pressure then you can't be sure.

There ARE aftermarket systems that can assist provide a better numerical value.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,759 Posts
You can buy Bluetooth psi valve caps that will show psi on your phone. Check amazon and other places.

Reactions: RockyMtnCRV
1 - 5 of 5 Posts