Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know if you were successful and happy with replacing the H8 fog light bulb with an LED bulb. I am returning an H8 (1 x 3020 SMD H11 H8 Fog Light LED Bulbs | Set of 2 (H11-3020-14W)) back to JDMaStar as the diameter of their bulb it too big to even fit the hole. I hate to do another trial and error. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
600 Posts
All H8 bulbs should fit. Maybe they did not send you an H8 is possibly you misordered.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was on the phone with JDMaStar rep when we selected that among their other H8 models. Was surprised and surely disappointed to have to send it back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got one that fits the opening. Got this via Amazon and the portal does say it fits my car, Auxito csp h8 1200 lumens. I preferred to use Amazon as it is easier to ship back just in case

·
Registered
600 Posts
Got a friend that has a 8th gen h11 from jdmastar that he is
Using the led for fog lights.
If I'm not mistaken the difference between an H8 and and H11 bulb is the wattage. H8 is a 35 Watt bulb, H11 is a 55/60 Watt bulb. They have the same base and plug connections.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the difference between an H8 and and H11 bulb is the wattage. H8 is a 35 Watt bulb, H11 is a 55/60 Watt bulb. They have the same base and plug connections.
nope the h11 8th gen from jdmastar is 25w.
i got both of them installed on my low beam head lights.

since i have an lx model i can't confirm it, but a friend told me that he has it on his fog lights.

·
Registered
600 Posts
nope the h11 8th gen from jdmastar is 25w.
i got both of them installed on my low beam head lights.

since i have an lx model i can't confirm it, but a friend told me that he has it on his fog lights.
From searching the web, an H8 and H11 are similar except one of the tabs on an H11 is slightly larger the same tab on an H8. So the H8 will fit in place of an H 11 without and modification. An H11 would need to have the tab filed down to fit correctly in an H8 housing, although if the H8 housing is a little worn an H11 may fit into it. The connectors are the same for both, however there was some mention that an H8 bulb usually has the connector perpendicular to the bulb orientation in the housing as opposed to an H11 connector comes straight out of the back of the bulb.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got this working for me. Got this thru Amazon AUXITO Extremely Bright CSP Chipsets 6000K Xenon White H8 H11 LED Bulbs Durable for DRL or Fog Lights,1200 Lumens Per Bulb (Pack of 2)

I think JDM has one similar but Amazon garage guide warns that the Jdm does not fit. This brand and model fits according to Amazon so I took a chance.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts