Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am looking at buying an infant car seat for my UK CRV which is at my sister's house in the UK and I am here in the US trying to get her to ascertain whether this year CRV has the ISOFIX latches for infant seats. She has NO idea what I am talking about, and I read that earlier generation of CRVs had relatively hidden ISOFIX latches....so, could anyone tell me whether the 2004 CRV had ISOFIX latches or not?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I checked the US 2003 Owners Manual and there is a section on LATCH anchors, which is what we call ISOFIX in the US.
The upper connectors are on the roof just inside the tailgate, and have covers that you remove using a small screw driver. It says the outer seats have the anchors which "...are located between the seat-back and seat bottom."
So does she have the Owners Manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will ask her. I guess the other question to ask is whether there were any differences between UK and US CRV models back then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And what are the upper connectors for? In my current car in the US I just put the base in and secure and then the seat slots into the base, so no upper connectors....

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I don't know all of the differences, but I know the 2003 UK CR-V had a 2.0L K20 engine, while the US got a 2.4L K24 engine.

I did a web search, and ISOFIX does have a "top tether" option.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Oh, and they put the steering wheel on the "wrong" side in the UK. ;D

Although I suspect most CR-Vs in the UK are manual transmission, while very few 2003 CR-Vs in the US had manuals, and none after 2007. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts