Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is pretty short about 5'1" and while test driving the 2017 CRV noticed that she had difficulty putting her heel all the way down to the floor. So her foot basically hung in suspension from gas pedal to brake pedal. The brake pedal also sticks up/out a lot more than the gas pedal. If we adjust the seats so she can reach the pedals comfortably, she then sits too close to steering wheel. Anyone else had this issue?

CRV seems great for tall people, but less ergonomic for shorter people.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would recommend you test drive a Subaru Forester back to back with a CR-V. From what I could gather driving both, the Subaru might have better ergos for shorter folks. For one thing, the visibility from the driver's seat is a lot better...the perception is that there is a lot more glass area / greenhouse vs. the Honda. It would also be interesting to see if you think the pedals are set up more suitably for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wife is pretty short about 5'1" and while test driving the 2017 CRV noticed that she had difficulty putting her heel all the way down to the floor. So her foot basically hung in suspension from gas pedal to brake pedal. The brake pedal also sticks up/out a lot more than the gas pedal. If we adjust the seats so she can reach the pedals comfortably, she then sits too close to steering wheel. Anyone else had this issue?

CRV seems great for tall people, but less ergonomic for shorter people.
I am as short as your wife and have the same issue. I have managed to get the seat adjustment set to allow me to almost put my heel down all the way. I am totally used to it now. Maybe try test driving again and playing around with the seat settings?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts