Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took the wife's 08 V in for tranny maintenance. It's cold here, and for 60 bucks, it was worth having them do it. Anyway, it is due for an oil change as well. The dealership offered to do the oil change (29.99) and as I looked outside and watched it snow, told them to do it. About 5 minutes later the service manager is telling me that they cannot do the oil change since I have a Fumoto drain valve on the oil pan. He kindly offered to remove it no charge and replace it with a Honda plug for 39.99. I declined and offered to show his technician how it works. Needless to say, I am changing my own oil this evening.

Not really a big deal but I was a bit shocked that they took the refusal stance for a drain plug. On the plus side, since it is in the 20's here, my beer will not get warm while I change the oil :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was called an idiot at Lia Honda in Amherst, NY for having one on my Honda Odyssey. It was in front of customers. I promptly told him where he could stick it, and I have not spent another cent there. I wasn't even there for a oil change! They were suppose to be fixing my broken rear electronic door's motor, not messing with my oil pan! Last cent I will ever spend at Honda on maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts