Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new V was delivered a couple of hours ago and I am in love. I have had varied company cars over the years, Sierra, Mondeo, Golf GTI, Celica (x2) and Passat but I have never been so excited about a new car!!!
Took it for a quick spin and am very impressed albeit a little bowled over by the gadgetry. I did the usual thing of not reading instructions carefully and spent a great deal of time trying to set up the mobile phone but after reading the manual again I have managed to set it up....two press-to-talk buttons???? that is just extravagant! :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Congratulations! That's great news and I'm sure you're excited. When you're not staring at the window at your V, make sure to be here on the forums so we can help you with the obsession. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks T Mac and congratulations on a fantastic site!!. I have found it very useful in the lead up to getting the car and will certainly be visiting now I have it. It is great that sites like this exist!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, so you're in love today - well I can promise you've got orgasms to come! I got my EX auto in October and I still look for excuses to take it out.
2 "press to talk" buttons? No, one's a cancel button for when she mishears you and starts talking in German. Enjoy - I know you will!:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, counting down the minutes to when I get to do the commute home. For once I am actually looking forward to the journey!!!!
I was getting the talk button for the a/c, nav etc confused with the talk button for the HFT. Explains why when I kept saying "Phone Set Up" she was saying "Fan Speed Up"!!!! That is what happens when you let excitement get the better of you!!! :eek:
Really looking forward to taking it up to the Highlands in the summer. It really is the kind of vehicle you just want to roam in!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats and enjoy.

We're taking ours up to the west coast of Scotland in the summer. A little different to the RX8 we took up there last year !!

Post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys, here is another dumbass question but why is it parking sensors to the rear work fine (get audible and also indication on display but when I drive towards a brick wall I get nothing at all. I chickened out about 20cm away from the wall...........I got no tone or indication. Do the front sensors only look out for the corners and not the area directly on the nose or have I got a fault.
I should say I have never had parking sensors before so this is new to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are no centre sensors at the front, only on the corners. Try approaching the wall at an angle. You do have to get fairly close before they kick in though.

Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep Dave, that worked! I guess if you can't judge where the nose is in relation to a wall directly in front of the car it is kinda a bad sign anyway :)
Very impressed with the rear view camera......even at night it is so clear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Page 303 - Parking Sensors. Just like all grumpy old men I wonder why people don't read the manual, they pay enough for it! ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah had read the manual (but obviously not close enough!) but having never had parking sensors before I had always thought they looked out for anything directly in front of the car. I did say it was a dumbass question!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts