Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Bets: cars that have performed well in tests and have better-than-average reliability scores for several model years. They include Honda Civic, Honda CR-V, Honda Element, Lexus ES, Lexus LS, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Land Cruiser, Toyota Prius and Toyota RAV4.
Click here to read the entire story on The Philly Burbs

From the editors of Consumer Reports

·
Registered
1 Posts
CRV-yes...with a fist pump!

It's quite believable that the CRV is one of the best engineered cars built in the last 10 years. My '01 CRV is the one most favorite car I've ever owned (of probably 15+ vehicles in 40 years of driving). I also own a Honda Magna M/C. It too, is Honda quality. My last bike was a Honda GoldWing. I put 80.2K on it in 11 years. I was so sold on Honda products from that experience, that when it came time to buy another car, I didn't buy my 9th Ford-I bought a Honda!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks for posting this. I just went through the decision making process on my '99 CRV which has 130,000 miles on it. I was contemplating selling it now vs. keeping it to the hopefully 200,000 mark. My boyfriend convinced me to just keep it, now that the depreciation on it has leveled off. Hopefully the transmission on it will hold out. The main thing that determined my decision was the lack of used CRV's on the market. THERE ARE NONE!!!! Everyone around here keeps them, apparently.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I would assume it is especially if it is a Japaneese car I mean older Bimmers are well built and will last forever, however, they cost so much to maintain American cars are rubbish in quality and dont last much past 120k unless you baby them. Think of it like this my dads friend has a volvo with 180k on it he dosen't care about cars so even if it cost 200 bucks a month to maintain its still well cheaper than a new car I mean I pay 349 bucks a month and mine isn't even new (no complaints though) plus if I need repairs it costs more. His only bill is the maintenence bill is around 100 bucks a month 1200 bucks a year for a car that runs and gets mid 20 MPG is good value it just depends on your preferences if you are like me you like new cars every 5 or 6 years so it is more of a taste thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts