Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

For various reasons I'm out as a CRV owner as of 4 pm today. One thing of note I thought you may be interested in is there was no issue getting over KBB value for my EX in the "excellent" category.

It's been a very interesting ride on this forum. I've been members of many over the years and this one I can say had some big passion. Good luck to everyone with all the many miles to come.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Sorry to see you go. Good luck with your new vehicle and please let us know what you picked up as your new ride.

Rob

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CX-5 Machine Grey Touring with Equipment Package (adds dimming mirror, sun roof, 10 speaker Bose, power lift gate).

Yeah I thought I was going to be with the CRV for 5 years at least. I've already cruised over to the other forum before buying of course to see all the ins-and-outs.

As far as I can tell, the only features that the CX-5 does not have in this trim that the EX had was remote start, heated side mirrors and Sirius XM.

I was a little surprised the rest of feature rich EX carried over to the Touring Trim.

Both are excellent vehicles and there are some things from the EX I'll miss for sure. The 2018 CX-5 is non-turbo 2.5 L and I believe the 19 may have turbo on the higher trims (can't confirm). I really just went to test drive as I got off work early (of course for a few weeks I'd been snooping around their forum, reading up on the specs, online reviews etc...).

That particular dealership had a slow start to the month and with the 19's coming they were very aggressive with a deal. I threw out a ridiculous number and they almost matched (including a very solid buyout for my EX).

The CX-5 was built in September (sticker says Hiroshima) and it had 2 miles on it (I assume from the factory/parking at the dealership).

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,203 Posts
While I'm not at all unhappy with my CR-V, I applaud you for making that decision. I have done just that in the past. Stress and unhappiness with a purchase can take it's toll. Good luck with your CX-5. I would have considered the CX-5 if it wasn't missing a couple of features I really wanted, AND if I could even trust the only Mazda dealer here. Anyway. congrats on your new car!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Folks,

For various reasons I'm out as a CRV owner as of 4 pm today. One thing of note I thought you may be interested in is there was no issue getting over KBB value for my EX in the "excellent" category.

It's been a very interesting ride on this forum. I've been members of many over the years and this one I can say had some big passion. Good luck to everyone with all the many miles to come.

Thanks.
Congratulations and good luck with your purchase,,,hopefully it will give you many years of great service......Owning a CRV can be stressful

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
wish you welll stay safe no matter the car

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,203 Posts
I maybe right behind you, I looked at a leftover 2018 Ridgeline this morning
I like the Ridgeline, just don't like how big it is, and how much gas it slurps. IMHO, The CR-V is just the right size for our needs, it is easy to get in and out of,...and I really like getting consistently over 30 mpg. My lifetime average sits at 33.4 over 13,xxx miles.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for updating us. I don't think you're the first forum user here who's gone from a CR-V to a Mazda CX-5. If I jump ship, pending a test drive a RAV4 would be my first choice, but if the Mazda serves you well, more power to you. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thanks for updating us. I don't think you're the first forum user here who's gone from a CR-V to a Mazda CX-5. If I jump ship, pending a test drive a RAV4 would be my first choice, but if the Mazda serves you well, more power to you. Best of luck.
Mazda just announced they will have a turbo available in a few months for the CX5 (2.5L with turbo)
Sounds like a winner to me

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
2.5L turblow.........Now that should be a screamer CX5.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Too bad Mazda didn't follow through with the CX-5 2.2 diesel with 173hp 310ftlb.

If I jump it wouldn't be in a another crossover with sports car inspired lower profile tires and never again will I own a small displacement turbo DI engine.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
373 Posts
I'm guessing that people unhappy with a new vehicle purchase and jump ship fairly quickly happens more than you think. The same exact type of discussions are going on in the Harley-Davidison forums due to their new motorcycles with their new engine platform, the Milwaukee 8 (M8). Has one noticed the number manufacturer recalls these days? I don't think all of these recalls can be contributed to a more complicated vehicle or systems.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts