Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, surprisingly, I, too, own a CR-V. I thought to try the site when a question came up and my wife and I didn't know who to ask. There's a lot of knowledge on these forums--I've been active in others regarding my motorcycle habit--so it struck me one of you will have a good answer about a good CR-V 3-bicycle rack. Ours is an '11. No trailer hitch, and I'd rather avoid that if possible. After I spend more time around here, maybe I'll figure out the best place to ask, but please feel free to offer a suggestion for a good secure rack that won't need a hitch mount if you know of one. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The only other option I can think of is the roof rack, where you can put 2 bikes up there, and maybe squeeze 1 bike inside the back of the CRV, but that would probably mean folding down 1 or both of the back seats. Then your 3rd passenger "might" be able to fit.

Good luck, and yes I too own a CRV! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 CRV. Installed ROLA racks with 2 bike carriers requiring front wheel to be removed. Very neat. Could fit a third if it was placed in middle facing other direction. This allows best clearance because of handlebar width. Only bought Rola because I already had the bike holders. I do not know what you have in Canada. Some racks like Thule allow front wheel to remain on but are bulkier and more expensive. Biggest problem is the height. I really feel you need side bars to balance and get the height when installing the bikes.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.