Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to jack up the rear, I'm assuming that either tow hook or rear diff is fine.

What about the front? There's a little plastic door under the radiator. Will that expose a safe jack point for the front?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Hadn't thought about how high the tow hook is...guess my only choice is rear diff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or would rear cross member (behind the diff) be better?

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
^^^ always under it. For my Accord, I put my jack on top of four 2'x3' sheets of 3/4" plywood.

On top = mega tip-over danger. Do not do it.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,027 Posts
For me in person , its not hard to lift the car, but you want the exact jack point, not a problem, just do not forget the chocking of a wheel.. and do not use the scissor jack.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plywood makes sense...but couldn't I just lift from the rear crossmember if height is an issue?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that TSB excerpt...looks like that's the way to go. Just need to buy some plywood and I'm all set.

·
Super Moderator
5,027 Posts
If you choose the tow hook, you are to be warned about it slipping and be extra carefuly of the weak point around it. wood, the softer the worse so careful about that , it only acts as a cushion if asked.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Seems like my best plan is to put the jack on top of plywood and have the jack pad directly contact the tow hook. Or if just a few inches would do I get use a jack extender.

·
Super Moderator
5,027 Posts
let us know how safe that feels on the tow hook as th car can tilt, something you don't want to experience while under

·
Super Moderator
5,027 Posts
SInce when I type and more or less looked over, here is wher I suggest to lift, as in the video if you chose to risk your Life, be my guess. just makesur that camera is on so we can see your mistake. this is clear aas day that you can not see what stares in front of you.

Hey FISH, thanks, never knew. no you won't get that here Lol.. (gee) SUper bowl SUnday

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
376 Posts
What is the difference between a jacking point and a lift point? Is it safe to jack the car up with my hydraulic jack from a lifting point?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Yes, you can jack the car from a lifting point, (indeed, that's where the factory widow-maker jack goes for changing a flat tire) but it's easier to use the jack points if you are getting under the car, because you only need to jack the car once, and then you put your jack stands under the lifting points.

My experience with our jack points? Without using an extension, you need a fairly long jack to use the rear point, as the hook is high off the ground to begin with. (I use a Harbor Freight 3T Low-Profile.) The front point is better in that regard, but you need a long jack to reach the damn thing since it's smack dab in the center of the car. I wish they had stayed with the old design where the front jack point was built into the radiator support.

Don't worry about that rear point being tippy. As long as you aren't doing something stupid like lifting the rear while you only have one front wheel in the air, it's not going anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
5,027 Posts
So as we all learn yeah I missed that in my shot Lol. but by the time people talk, talk and talk about where, where and where, the job haas been long done and over. so that said just make sure you do it safe and not sorry. follow ups are great...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts