Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent two days online looking for a 9mm jam nut adjustment tool for my 2000 crv. I understand it is a 9mm nut. I do have a Powerbuilt 10mm jam nut adjustment tool for the 2006 crv. I like this tool and Schley, SD, and Alltrade do not make this tool in 9mm. Is there a store or manufacturer that makes this hand tool?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Can you post a picture of the tool you have?
I'm not familiar with a 'jam nut adjustment tool' so would like to see one.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
From a quick google around, if your looking to do a valve adjustment on your 2000 CR-V, the tool you already own for your 2006 is the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for responses, honda4life: the service manual calls it a 9x0.75 mm locknut. it would help alot if it were 10mm. i didn't want to tear it down without the correct tool. do you have links to info showing a 10mm locknut?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Oh, now I see what you're talking about. Good ol' box wrench and screwdriver do it for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the responses. this is apparently why i have not found a 9mm adjust tool. lol looks like i also need to invest in a new service manual.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,245 Posts
I don't use the special tool either. Once you find the correct clearance adjustment, just note the position of the slot in case it moves when you tighten the locknut.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts