Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the forum, and please excuse if this is dumb question or one that has been answered long ago.... I am in the market for a gen 2 CRV,( 05, 06). i have done research on country of origin, but cant find a definitive answer on which would be "better"... I reviewed high mileage examples (on auto trader etc) and it seems to indicate that as many UK as Japan origin cars can achieve large odo numbers... any opinions on this?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
your over thinking it because all your looking at is where they are assembled. Not where they are designed etc.

FYI 2005-2006 isnt gen 2, its gen 2.5. 2002-2004 is is Gen 2. Brakes, headlights and some other bits are different.

And chances of finding a UK version in the US are slim. Doesnt matter except if you need parts you will run into issues on some things with a UK version.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,071 Posts
As you probably know the Japanese CRVs have J as their first letter of the vin. The English ones have S as their first letter. A VIN's first digit (they can be numbers as well) always denotes country of origin.
Looking within a 100 miles of my east coast location on www.cars.com the split looks like 70/30 in favor of English built CRV's.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,184 Posts
At this point in their lives, there isn't any issue with one country of origin than another.

But if you DO buy a Gen2 or 2.5, you have to watch out when ordering some parts. Always have the VIN ready.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts