Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I have a 2017 CRV and have upgraded the stock speakers to 2 pairs of JL Audio C2-650X. I would now like to add a subwoofer that doesn't take up much space behind and came across the JBL Bass pro hub that fits in the spare wheel well. Is this a good buy and has anyone installed it in their CRV? I am not looking for car rattling, glass shattering bass but just something that is fun to listen to, but at the same i am time looking for increased bass performance (a.k.a "some punch") using the stock head unit. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
166 Posts
The subwoofer in the Touring model is in a space behind the right rear panel as you stand at the rear of the car. Do models without a subwoofer have an empty space there that could house a subwoofer?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had this installed and the quality of the bass is just perfect. In fact it can be too much at times but the remote gives you precise control of how much bass you can take.
Hi, Do you have pictures? How does it fit in terms of height/depth? Does it a bit high like it touches the underside of floor cover when you place it at the lower level?

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
1,008 Posts
Here is a pic of the Rockville Ghost I had installed in our 2018 CRV. Just had to shorten tie down bolt to get everything to fit. If you don't do that, the cargo floor will wobble.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Sound is great, does add much to the bottom end. Has adjustable volume control because most songs have a variable "bottom end". I usually keep my volume control at mid point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, thanks for pictures @Kazoo2U. It's very helpful. I am actually choosing between Cerwin Vega and JBL for my spare tire sub with JBL as my first option . Is there anyone here installed the JBL Busspro Hub? I want to install it to my 2017 Honda CR-V. However, I am wondering if it will fit perfectly like the Cerwin Vega does in this link; Google Image Result for https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Lhb8p9hL_Dw/mqdefault.jpg. He installed it with no wobble issue on the cargo floor cover on the lower setting/level.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Folks,

I have a 2017 CRV and have upgraded the stock speakers to 2 pairs of JL Audio C2-650X. I would now like to add a subwoofer that doesn't take up much space behind and came across the JBL Bass pro hub that fits in the spare wheel well. Is this a good buy and has anyone installed it in their CRV? I am not looking for car rattling, glass shattering bass but just something that is fun to listen to, but at the same i am time looking for increased bass performance (a.k.a "some punch") using the stock head unit. Any thoughts?
Hi, have you installed the JBL Basspro Hub in you 2017 CRV? How does it sound? Any issues with its depth/height. I believe, it is too high and will touch the underside of the cargo floor. I am wondering if will fit on the spare tire with no wobble on the floor when it is placed on the lower level.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts