Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my review and results from testing.
The JBR SRI I got was the stock diameter housing, they also sell a performance (larger) housing. Install was easy, took about 15 min.
Quality was excellent. Mounting was ok, I added a zip tie to further secure the housing.
Note, I had a aFe dry filter factory replacement in the stock air box! That alone was a good improvement over 100% stock.
Results, I gained exactly 2/10ths 0-60 and 1/10th quarter mile. You can definitely hear the turbo spool.
Intake air temps with the stock air box were about 15* hotter than ambient. SRI intake temps when moving were about 5* hotter. They definitely went up at a stand still but dropped instantly once moving.
Overall, if you live in the city and are stuck in stop and go traffic a lot a SRI is not for you.
JBR claims a .6 sec 0-60 improvement on a Civic Sport CVT. Along with a .5 sec quarter mile improvement. I did not achieve anywhere near their claims but again they tested it on a different vehicle with the same motor.
Is it worth $180? That’s something only you can answer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will add that the thought that a SRI, at least this one, creates hotter intake temps is false. The factory air box temps were higher than the open SRI at all times except when stopped. By a good 10*!
Factory Box intake temps were around 58-65 while driving with a ambient temp of 47. SRI while driving was 53.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Will this void the warranty
That’s up to your dealer. Changing the air filter or muffler is fine. Messing with factory sensors may be a cause for denial, even though the sensor was put into a aftermarket housing of the exact same diameter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to add to the original post,,, the LTFT on my stock housing was -6, with the JBR housing it was -4.

·
Registered
545 Posts
So you made a baseline 0-60 and quarter mile run right before installing this then installed and ran again?

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I will add that the thought that a SRI, at least this one, creates hotter intake temps is false. The factory air box temps were higher than the open SRI at all times except when stopped. By a good 10*!
Factory Box intake temps were around 58-65 while driving with a ambient temp of 47. SRI while driving was 53.
Great info. The whole Cold air intake thing is a 20 year old wives tale.

The sound alone is worth it on an SRI for a turbo vehicle.

Thanks for working on this for us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts