Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, looking to import a JDM CRV as a Canadian daily driver and want to talk to someone who is familiar with these cars. I have owned a bunch of a few JDM cars in the past.

Biggest questions are:
-Common issues / possibly recalls (I know it won't help it being a JDM car in Canada, but still would like to know)
-2.0 or 2.4L VTEC ? 2001-2004 ?
-If they are in any way different than the USDM CRVs aside from rain guards and the fender mirror.
-Part interchangeability for 2.0 and 2.4L VTEC (Linked to question #2)

Thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts
A lot of the CRVs here of that vintage are manufactured in Japan. The rest were build in England. I know there are some parts differences between the Japanese manufactured ones and the British manufactured ones. But as far as importing one built for the Japanese market, its hard to say. I would assume there would be interchangeability between them depending on what they are equipped with. It will probably be a little easier to get parts for the 2.4 here.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Ya your not "importing" anything special.

My 2003 is a Japan Built.

This whole JDM thing is more marketing than anything for many Hondas up until the last 5-10 years

Japan built are 2.4 that exist already in north america.

Theres is no major issues with them as long as all proper maintenance has been done. Anything else will be simply due to age

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,774 Posts
I'm not even sure you can find a US built CRV of that vintage. Think they were all built in Japan and England. So not sure what the attraction of importing one is.

Especially from Japan since they are all RHD there. Some Canadian provinces will not allow you to own RHD vehicles.

Obviously you know that US only allows 25 year and older vehicles-with restrictions so assume you are in Canada.
As for engines, look at the compatibility with Acura and the Accord of similar vintage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

The main reason for importation is I can get a 2001-2004 CRV for around $5k Canadian with 40-70 k (not miles)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts