Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys and girls. New member to the forum. My wife has been driving a 06 for 4 years or so. We just bought a van for more room for activities, so the CRV is now my daily driver. Its pushing 230k miles and the timing belt service is overdue. My question is, can you install a JDM K24 long block and still utilize all the usdm accessories and sensors? Theres an importer an hour or two from me that has the motors for something around $800, supposedly low mileage, all compression/leakdown tested. What I'd like to do is just buy one of these motors and do a timing belt/water pump/oil pump service while its out and I'm still driving the car then swap over a weekend. I'm more of a Subaru guy, and with those its not a direct swap. I tried searching the forum and didnt come up with anything... Any help is appreciated.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
An '06 has a timing chain. (They do wear, however. You will get a code when they become too loose, as the timing between the crank and cam sensors goes out of acceptable range.)

I can't answer your question. I know that CR-Vs were fitted with 2.0 K series engines outside North America. While there might be a JDM 2.4, I don't know if you can use the American accessories.

Couldn't the importer tell you that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thanks! I wasnt aware of the timing chain. That a relief. Since that is the case, no need for even really worrying about the Japanese motor. I imagine the importer could tell me, but didnt know if it was a common fix. Thanks for the info though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts