Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Very excited, just got my JDM headlights in today from Japan. I bought them from my supplier and he said they were used, but to be honest, they look brand new!!

I was wondering did anyone ever figure out the wiring for these, I've posted on another thread but unfortunately I know there hasn't been a diagram out there.

I making another post because, my supplier said he may be able to get more of these headlights. IF anyone is interested I could ask him how much and how many he can get. Just thought I contribute because I know everyone asks, "where did you get them?" and no one really says where ...

Check out the pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please swap out the projectors so the step up is on the proper side and not blinding on coming traffic if used on a right hand drive vehicle.

Thanks.
Do you mean swap the right and left projectors with each other?

I hope that's possible... Hopefully the mounting points for the projectors are the same.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
No. I mean swap the projectors for left hand drive projectors.

The ones you have need to be removed and thrown away as they shouldnt be used on on vehilces that travel using the right side of the road. Those projectors in your new lights are made for vehicles that travel using the left side.

From your respose I can tell you did no research on the topic. All I can say is dont use them until the projectors are replaced as you WILL blind oncoming traffic, period.

But I know most peoples care in the world isnt about others and mainly only focused on themselves. Please dont use them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. I mean swap the projectors for left hand drive projectors.

The ones you have need to be removed and thrown away as they shouldnt be used on on vehilces that travel using the right side of the road. Those projectors in your new lights are made for vehicles that travel using the left side.

From your respose I can tell you did no research on the topic. All I can say is dont use them until the projectors are replaced as you WILL blind oncoming traffic, period.

But I know most peoples care in the world isnt about others and mainly only focused on themselves. Please dont use them.

Thank you for the response. First off I am not "throwing" anything away. These are not even on the vehicle as yet. IF I decided to put them on then I woudl figure out a way to swap the projectors out and make sure they are working. Secondly, I do know the difference between LHD and RHD, I do own a couple of RHD vehicles. Trust me my friend, I've been around cars long enough to know what to do and what not to do.

As I appreciate your response, please do not assume that I did not do research about this topic. I have done a lot of research and as I stated I have just received the lights, I will do with them as I please to make sure that they are not blinding oncoming traffic.

As far to say that people are focused on themselves, etc. I understand your concern and can appreciate your frustration. Thank you, but whatever other experiences you may have had with others regarding this issue, please refrain from generalizing. It's not cool to do that at all.

Lastly, not that I need to explain myself but just so you do not feel that your opinion isn't heard, I had gotten an amazing deal on these so I bought them. I have ordered another set from Taiwan (they drive on the right). Once I get those in I will put those on. These ones I plan to open and play around with and run some DRL's on them and play with the projector to see if there is any way to make them work as well.

Thanks for your input. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
It will take some work but you got to bake them open at least.

Depending on the projector setup you might be lucky and have a shield that can easily be flipped to turn it into RHD. Or it can be a lot more work where it cant be flipped and have to make a custom shield for it. Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone open OEM projectors for this model and I have a retrofitted OEM reflector headlights for mine.

If and when you do open them, would love to see pictures.

Possible upgrades you can do

black out the chrome
Upgrade the projector lens to clear lens
Swap out the halogen projector to HID projector
Replace the LEDS and have it switchback setup to LEDS stay on white but turn amber to use as signal lights.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I do know the difference between LHD and RHD, I do own a couple of RHD vehicles. Trust me my friend, I've been around cars long enough to know what to do and what not to do.

I have done a lot of research........

I find this hard to believe when you had no clue about which side they "step up" on and then think you can simply "switch" the projectors from one lamp to the other to fix the problem.

If you had researched and know "JDM" vehicles you should have known this about there lights. This is even true in Halogen housing lamps. In the long run a proper retro fit could have gotten you everything you wanted at less of a price. (DRL LED's with switch back capability, LED back lite shroud.)

BTW, I quit reading your response after just the 1st 2 paragraphs. I couldnt handle the BS.

Best of luck and I hope ya do it right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Honda4Life why are your panties in such a bunch?? You act like you have all the answers and criticize OP, but can't even read past the 1st two paragraphs he wrote.... talk about BS lol.

Sorry that one time someone blinded you with their headlights, I hope you get over it someday so you can stop being a condescending tool on forums designed to help people. Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Honda4Life why are your panties in such a bunch?? You act like you have all the answers and criticize OP, but can't even read past the 1st two paragraphs he wrote.... talk about BS lol.

Sorry that one time someone blinded you with their headlights, I hope you get over it someday so you can stop being a condescending tool on forums designed to help people. Good luck! ;)
Well im glad you feel that way but, if the OP had done the research they claimed to have done, they would have known this. Why read more lies? I just quit reading. Notice after being called out on said lies, they havent come back as I smelled the BS being typed.

Most Americans only think about themselves and who cares about others? Just look at all the vehicles on the road with NON factory HID's in halogen housing? Not one is legal and 9 out of 10 times there is extreme glare blinding on coming traffic. That is why NO aftermarket HID kit is DOT or SAE approved for road use. But again, people do it anyways as they feel it benifits them and give no regard to the others on the road.

I really doupt after all the money the OP already spent for the lamps, they will swap the projectors as they should.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well im glad you feel that way but, if the OP had done the research they claimed to have done, they would have known this. Why read more lies? I just quit reading. Notice after being called out on said lies, they havent come back as I smelled the BS being typed.

Most Americans only think about themselves and who cares about others? Just look at all the vehicles on the road with NON factory HID's in halogen housing? Not one is legal and 9 out of 10 times there is extreme glare blinding on coming traffic. That is why NO aftermarket HID kit is DOT or SAE approved for road use. But again, people do it anyways as they feel it benifits them and give no regard to the others on the road.

I really doupt after all the money the OP already spent for the lamps, they will swap the projectors as they should.

Buddy, you really need to stop withe the assumptions, because at the end of the day it is just making an ASS out of you only. I unlike you have a business and family that keep me busy as well as my hobbies. I don't come on here lurking and talking smack behind message boards.

You didn't call out Sh*t. You are honestly a bent up individual who probably couldn't source the lights or rather likes to criticize while rocking a "powered by honda" sticker on your car.

I know I don't have to but I am going to school you a bit here...

Built in 1999. Probably before you had a car.

Slammed on air and 20" wheels on an accord in 2003.

My TSX rocking Work XSA's in 2005

My RHD RX7 First one imported to Canada 10 years ago. Oh wait, do you notice the projector retrofit?

My Evo, built 2 years ago.

My current toy (oh wait, I probably don't have the money to swap out some projectors cause I am broke after buying CRV headlights for $400 dollars)

Box of projectors sitting there, so maybe I may have a brain fart and think hey, duh I don't know anything about LHD and RHD. Why do I need these projectors? Oh wait, can I use these for pot lights?

I didn't post these to show off. I posted them so arrogant people like you should really stay quiet and keep their opinions to themselves.

I tried to respond to you with respect and kept it clean, maybe you SHOULD HAVE READ THE WHOLE post where it said I ordered another set of projectors from Taiwan.

Now, please do us all a favor, do NOT respond back. There's no point in going on. I wanted to just let you know that if you THINK I don't know anything about cars, think again my friend. I've put more money into multiple cars then you have in your purchase of a home. I'm not saying it to belittle you but just to let you understand where my passion from cars comes from and I am not going to let anyone tell me I don't know anything or haven't researched cars.

Thank you to everyone else for your messages and your input. I have checked around retrofitsource and other sites as well and obviously when I do open these up to see what can be done and played around with, this way in the future if someone wants these there are options. I will keep you guys posted on the Taiwan ones when they get here.

**Note** I do not come on here every day, so I don't want individuals to think that I got scared of Mr. Honda4Life and don't have a response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
**UPDATE**

So today I played around with the headlights. Check out the pics because from what it seems it will be possible to swap the "line shield" in the projectors with each other.

These are pictures of the JDM driver side so USDM passenger side.

Picture of the projector in the housing.

Picture of the "line shield"

Picture of the top of the "line shield"

It looks like the line shield is compressed between the projector lens and the back of the projector housing. Next week I am planning to open the headlights and see if there are any options to add a drl. When I open them up, I will be pulling the actual projector out and testing out the theory. BTW the projectors are both same shape (oval) so I am hoping that I can swap the shields between the left and the right headlights. But there is hope in site, I think.

Will keep updating as this comes along.

·
Registered
203 Posts
nice, that will make it an easy fix!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update pics.

I opened the headlights and played with the cut off line plate. Not much room to change it but there was some.

Also, to point out. These headlights in Japan come with a levelling mechanism. So that means you can level them up and down inside the car. That part helped a lot as I could manually adjust them as well.

So here are the pics. I painted the housing black, I put led lights and rewired them as well. Let me know what you guys think.

I've been driving with them for 2 days. So far, no issues at all. I have not been flashed by anyone or haven't received any complaints. One thing to point out is that yes the beam is higher on the left side by a bit. So for example the street signs on our regular left hand drive streets are visible but not from away. But a fair distance enough where it's not like you will be lost lol

If you guys have any questions, let me know.

From the picture above, I am sure that some of you are wondering since the cut off shield is ----\____ this pattern (RHD pattern) is it affecting on coming traffic. (Honda4Life had expressed that concern).

Answer is NO. There is a small leveling adjuster on the back of the headlights and which allowed setting the headlight exactly the way I have it, there are no issue with it with the oncoming traffic. Unless your car is lowered to the point where it's in your face. That I can't help.

·
Registered
203 Posts
may its just me but im not seeing any pics

1 - 20 of 21 Posts