Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I just bought a 2000 crv lx. I knew it had transmission problems and it was not functional when I got it. Did some research and found out the torque converter clutch (TCC) was almost definitely the issue and that when the TCC goes it releases a lot of metal shavings into the aromatic transmission. So rather than replacing the TCC and flushing the transmission I decided to replace both. I ordered a JDM transmission with the TCC. Installed both and now it is running great but I’m getting the P0740 code. I have put about 100 miles on it in 24 hours after the swap... I’m wandering if there is a bad sensor or connection with a sensor? Or any reason I get this code even when it runs great?? Anyone else had this issue

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
The OP posted this over a year ago, doubtful he is still here.
Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
looks like the gen 1 JDM transmission swap is known to cause the p0740 cel. Saw a post with steps to temporarily clear the code to pass inspection. Clear the code, drive 8 cycles without exceeding 49 mph. Get inspected and use as needed. Code will re-appear after exceeding 49 mph. Cause seems to be a difference in the # of teeth on the speed sensor.

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
723 Posts
Check engine temp. I had an Accord that would not lock the TC when the thermostat failed open, this was during winter about 40F. But make sure engine reach normal driving temp.

Also remove the tcc solenoid and make sure there is no dirt blocking the flow of ATF. If both of these are checked ok chances are you need to swap the speed sensor, idk if you can swap the speed sensor gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts