Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through the older thread regarding cruise control not holding steady speed and am wondering if what I am noticing is part of this issue. When in cruise control (ACC) going downhill, the vehicle speed is jerky, sort of like it's trying to maintain the speed but then gives up. It's a jerkiness when you start to exceed your set speed - almost as if someone is hitting the brakes lightly. This is in econ mode, if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I do believe that the brakes will automatically apply if using the CC and downhill and the car goes faster then the set point to maintain the set point. Maybe that what you are feeling?

·
Registered
45 Posts
It seems it is more engine braking with a CVT. I've never heard of a car applying brakes if actual exceeds set point on a cruise control

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had the cruise on many times going downhill and I'm certain the vehicle does not brake itself (the vehicle goes well past the set point near my home down a hill) if no vehicle is in front of me. Yes, in adaptive cruise control mode the vehicle will brake if a car is in front of me--but I don't notice the pulsing. I would ask the dealer about this if it continues.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
In normal CC, the brakes never come on. With ACC, if somebody is in front of you, the car will apply brakes to maintain the set following interval.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts