Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here an expert on troubleshooting these things ??? It's 2000 LX 279 that has been a real horse since new !! Converted to Mobil 1 which I change at the start of each season, vacuum out everything after each use and use fuel stabilizer before Winter storage. Started up and ran fine for the first lawn mow of the season this afternoon. Ran perfectly for about 1 1/2 hours and then just shut off w/o a whimper !! Thought I heard a slight pop and a brief sniff of gas and nothing - no sputtering or other noises !! QWent and got fresh gas - turns over like a mad man but nary a spark !! I know there are some fuses that I have yet to check - any other ideas would be greatly ap;preciated. Thanks in advance. Craig

·
Banned
806 Posts
I have one, that is a different model. If I were you, I would first check your fuses. Your description of hearing a slight pop makes me suggest this. It is possible that after years of use some of your insulation in a wire rubbed raw and grounded out. I had an issue with mine and it was a solenoid that went bad and it wouldn't start for nothing. It has been about 3 years, but it seems like I went to the John Deere dealer and gave them my model information and described what it was doing. They gave a couple of things that it could be and I narrowed it down to that solenoid. No issues with it since.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume the fuses are all in-line ?? It's been 15 trouble-free years so it owes me nothing at this point !! Interesting how a CR-V battery lasts barely 3 years and this 15 year old battery is still going strong. Never cleaned the post - never had it on a minder !! Thanks DIY, appreciate the help. Craig

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DIY: I go get some fuses (15amp auto fuses that plug into the circuit board right under the dash !! I also jump the safety seat with a wire and go to start it !! Voila - fires right up !! That's the good news, the bad news is when releasing the foot brake, it dies so evidently the linkage has come apart or some piece has vibrated off because the linkage doesn't feel right !! Now to find someone to help me tow it up the hill to my shop !! Always something - guess I'd rather have this to deal with than a major electrical issues !! Thanks again. Craig

·
Banned
806 Posts
If I remember correctly mine is on spring tension. Yours may be the same. It seems like I broke that spring a long time ago. Maybe check to see if your spring is broken. I'm not home and can't verify. Just going off of memory right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts