Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2011 EXL & 2015 EX
551 Posts
Had to walk through 3" thick orange shag carpeting to select one of the 3 available channels, too.
Carpet!!! Y'all must have been rich? We had wood plank. One day dad came home with a roll of vinyl flooring. We were uptown for sure. But no running water and no bathroom.
In fact- the first 3 houses I lived in did not have running water or a bathroom. Finally in 1958 we moved into a house that had running water and a bathroom. It was a very big deal!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The old lady handed her bank card to a bank teller and said, “I would like to withdraw $10.
The teller told her, “For withdrawals less than $100 please use the ATM.”
The old lady wanted to know why ...
The teller returned her bank card and irritably told her, “These are the rules. Please leave if there is no other matter. There is a queue behind you.”
The old lady remained silent for a few seconds, then handed the card back to the teller and said, “Please help me withdraw all the money I have.”
The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and respectfully told her, you have $30,000 in your account and the bank doesn't have that much cash currently. Could you make an appointment and come again tomorrow?
The old lady then asked how much she could withdraw immediately.
The teller told her any amount up to $3000
"Well, please let me have $3000 now". The teller then handed it very friendly and respectfully to her.
The old lady put $10 in her bag and asked the teller to deposit $2990 back into her account.

The moral of this tale .......
Don't be difficult with old people, they spent a lifetime learning the skills.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,968 Posts
The old lady handed her bank card to a bank teller and said, “I would like to withdraw $10.
The teller told her, “For withdrawals less than $100 please use the ATM.”
The old lady wanted to know why ...
The teller returned her bank card and irritably told her, “These are the rules. Please leave if there is no other matter. There is a queue behind you.”
The old lady remained silent for a few seconds, then handed the card back to the teller and said, “Please help me withdraw all the money I have.”
The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and respectfully told her, you have $30,000 in your account and the bank doesn't have that much cash currently. Could you make an appointment and come again tomorrow?
The old lady then asked how much she could withdraw immediately.
The teller told her any amount up to $3000
"Well, please let me have $3000 now". The teller then handed it very friendly and respectfully to her.
The old lady put $10 in her bag and asked the teller to deposit $2990 back into her account.

The moral of this tale .......
Don't be difficult with old people, they spent a lifetime learning the skills.
(y)(y) for the old lady. :)

You know.. one time I went into my bank many years ago.. and asked to withdraw $5000 from one of my accounts. The teller refused, stating that they did not allow more than a $1000 withdrawal, due to limited currency on hand in the vault. I suggested that she talk with her floor manager and make an exception for me. She refused. So, I asked to see her manager, who promptly stopped by to talk with me. I explained the issue, and the manager backed the teller. So.. I said no problem, I will just take my business to another bank, please immediately close all my accounts (I had several accounts with a collective balance of over $20K) and issue me a cashiers check for the total balance so I can go open accounts with a competitor that treats customers with more respect. I also asked for the phone number of the branch manager of this bank as well as their regional VP. The Manager showed a stressed look on her face, and then took me over to her desk in the lobby, and promptly asked me to write a check on my account for cash for $5000 and delivered me the requested cash.

NEVER let a bank brow beat you over their alleged policies when the money in your account is yours, not theirs. (y)

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
467 Posts
Carpet!!! Y'all must have been rich? We had wood plank. One day dad came home with a roll of vinyl flooring. We were uptown for sure. But no running water and no bathroom.
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.

·
Registered
2011 CR-V LX 2wd White / 2003 Suzuki XL_7 Limited 4x4
221 Posts
Saw this on another forum-

Tell me what this is about- if you know???

(Hint..... the younger crowd may get it...I am 74 and I got it)

Edit: anyone get this?
Well, I'm a younger one (You got 7 years on me), and I don't get it... yet - but then I am a little slow at times.
School me grandpa!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts