Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 2019 CR V EX. Trying to read and learn all details about the many features on the CR V. Salesman went over everything but I couldn't remember all of it. I've read the owners guide and that helped a lot. I ordered the owners Manual and also downloaded it. My salesman said I needed a new cell phone for the Honda Play to work. My phone is old, Apple 5c. He says I need an 8 or newer? IS THIS CORRECT?? Phones are expensive and I don't use it a lot so do I have to spend $600+ on a new phone?? Is he correct? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome. And, congrats on your new buy.

Cell phone? What is it used for? Perhaps texting, perhaps voice phone calls and perhaps GPS (synchronized to your phone's data plan). If you don't use these features while driving, do you need a new phone? Strange question to some folks but I don't text or talk while driving. And, I rarely use GPS. So for me, I don't see the need to buy a new cell phone. Perhaps you are the same (????).

·
Registered
963 Posts
My Wife and I each have iPhone 7's (not 7s, just a pair of iPhone 7 - plural). CarPlay works wonderfully.

Hook up your phone to a new CR-V and give it a try...

Welcome to the CRV Festival, friend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m very disappointed in the poor quality of the owners guide provided with CRV.
Print is light and hard to read an pictures too small and blurry, unable to read information,
especially illustrations of dashboard......useless.

Is there a Large Type version of the owners guide?

I‘m one of those nerds who reads the guide aka manual and refers to it for reference.
Since I’ve been driving Siennas for 15 years I have a lot to learn about new car with new
Technology.

i just ordered the manual on line but it’s 600 pages and too big for glove box and I don’t want to print out hundreds of pages.

Thank you, Helen

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
330 Posts
I’m very disappointed in the poor quality of the owners guide provided with CRV.
Print is light and hard to read an pictures too small and blurry, unable to read information,
especially illustrations of dashboard......useless.

Is there a Large Type version of the owners guide?

I‘m one of those nerds who reads the guide aka manual and refers to it for reference.
Since I’ve been driving Siennas for 15 years I have a lot to learn about new car with new
Technology.

i just ordered the manual on line but it’s 600 pages and too big for glove box and I don’t want to print out hundreds of pages.

Thank you, Helen
The Manual cant be that much bigger than the Owners Guide as its only a hundred or so more pages, it should fit into the glove box no problem. Not sure if the prints any better as I didn't get a hard copy of Manual.

You can download an Owners Manual or Guide PDF from the Honda website which is easier to read on a screen. You can also print specific pages in larger font which may also be helpful to you.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
IIRC I recall seeing that there is a lightweight "Owner's Guide" AND a much larger and more detailed "full" version "Owner's Manual" and that both can be downloaded. Further, I believe there is also an additional, and separate, NAV Manual, for the NAV systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts