Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda just posted July 2017 sales data: http://hondanews.com/releases/strong-sales-of-core-models-drive-american-honda-july-2017-auto-sales

2017 CR-V sales were down 11.8% (31,761 versus 2016 July sales of 36,017). YTD sales through July were up 12.3% (219,017 versus 2016 YTD sales of 195,092). Honda is claiming "tight supplies of certain CR-V" models - "Well-balanced sales of both cars and trucks were a familiar theme for the Honda Division in July. Despite tight supplies of Odyssey and certain CR-V, Pilot and Ridgeline models, Honda truck sales managed a solid showing against a record July 2016, with HR-V having its best month ever and CR-V surpassing 30,000 units for the month."

It should be noted this is being accomplishing this with no sales incentives for the CR-V.

·
Registered
28 Posts
"tight supplies of certain CR-V" models

Well that could explain the lower sales. People also might be waiting for 2018 models. I would of if my other car didn't die.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It took almost a month for local dealer to find me Black/Black Touring AWD from another dealership that was willing to trade, but I finally took possession last night!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It took almost a month for local dealer to find me Black/Black Touring AWD from another dealership that was willing to trade, but I finally took possession last night!
I've been waiting since the beginning of June to get my AWD Touring Obsidian Blue. It was originally scheduled to be produced around June 21 but for some reason was delayed until July 12 at the Alliston, Canada plant.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Some 2017 CR-Vs were delayed due to lack of availability of parts, some due to recent recall. Also, 2016 was above average sales of CR-Vs due to discounts to clear out 2016 models prior to the new 2017 CR-V release. Keep moving, nothing to see here....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think there was a lot of pent up demand because of the 2017 make over. So, there were a lot of sales initially. YTD sales up 12% would reinforce that idea. More sales but they were front loaded in the model year because of all the people waiting for the new CRV.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I would have bought in July, but there were no Molten Lava EX-L FWD in the state and I'm having to wait for my car to be built and shipped. Mid-August if it's on schedule. So the tight supply makes sense to me.

Looking at the dealer websites in my area there are lots of LX available, but much fewer in EX and above. So again fits with the tight supply of certain models.

·
Registered
600 Posts
In contrast, Subaru sales up by 6.9% in July.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Let's see, 7% of 55000 cars per month is 3800 cars increase for entire Subaru line up. Meanwhile, Honda "only sold" 30,000 CR-Vs in the same amount of time. Counting Civics, Accords, Fits, Pilots, Odysseys, and Ridgelines, Honda sold 137,000 cars in July. Comparing Apples to Oranges.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I would have bought in July, but there were no Molten Lava EX-L FWD in the state and I'm having to wait for my car to be built and shipped. Mid-August if it's on schedule. So the tight supply makes sense to me.

Looking at the dealer websites in my area there are lots of LX available, but much fewer in EX and above. So again fits with the tight supply of certain models.
Same situation here in NC, tons and tons of LX models but very little above. I am waiting on a Touring to be delivered.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Let's see, 7% of 55000 cars per month is 3800 cars increase for entire Subaru line up. Meanwhile, Honda "only sold" 20,000 CR-Vs in the same amount of time. Not counting Civics, Accords, Fits, Pilots, Odysseys, and Ridgelines. Comparing Apples to Oranges.
Whether, you are a large volume or a small volume manufacturer, I would still take a 7% increase in July sales when the entire industry is down on average 6-7%. At least that's how my experience in retail has been.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm thinking that sales incentives from other manufacturers were a major factor. This class of Suvs is so close in quality and features that incentives are a major decision making factor. This almost swayed our decision to buy our Crv in July. The Hyundai Tucson was reduced by 3500+ in July. I am still wrestling with my decision. This is the equivalent of buying a Crv Touring for the price of a EX. Other manufacturers were also giving substantial rebates and financing perks.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If all your considering is best price go for it....but if you consider features,resale value, power and mpg the CRV is a better value

·
Registered
600 Posts
Whether, you are a large volume or a small volume manufacturer, I would still take a 7% increase in July sales when the entire industry is down on average 6-7%. At least that's how my experience in retail has been.

Combined Honda and Acura sales were up 1.7% for July. Which just about equals Subaru's increase in cars, not percent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let's see, 7% of 55000 cars per month is 3800 cars increase for entire Subaru line up. Meanwhile, Honda "only sold" 20,000 CR-Vs in the same amount of time. Counting Civics, Accords, Fits, Pilots, Odysseys, and Ridgelines, Honda sold 137,000 cars in July. Comparing Apples to Oranges.
I think CRV sales for the month were close to 32,000 for the month vs. "20,000" listed above.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think CRV sales for the month were close to 32,000 for the month vs. "20,000" listed above.

You are correct, it was 30000 CR-Vs in July. I will,amend my post.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Same situation here in NC, tons and tons of LX models but very little above. I am waiting on a Touring to be delivered.
Yes, it's been an ongoing issue. I checked a couple of local dealers and Touring are still in short supply but LX trim are thick on the lots. Honda seems to have overestimated interest in the LX trim.

Dealer #1:

LX 42
EX 5
EX-L 14
Touring 3

Dealer #2

LX 39
EX 1
EX-L 2
Touring 0

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yes, it's been an ongoing issue. I checked a couple of local dealers and Touring are still in short supply but LX trim are thick on the lots. Honda seems to have overestimated interest in the LX trim.

Dealer #1:

LX 42
EX 5
EX-L 14
Touring 3

Dealer #2

LX 39
EX 1
EX-L 2
Touring 0
Face it, the LX is a low end car built for a low price. When you see how much more value you get by moving up a bit I am sure most people want the EX or above. The numbers show this, or that the dealers just bought too many of the low end LX's.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Te Ka! Hopefully you'll get it soon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts