Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda released June 2017 sales today. Can't post link yet

June 2017 CR-V Sales down 4.3% (2017 of 28,342 vs 2016 of 29,615). Per Honda "CR-V suffered slightly in June from low supply of higher trim availability". As someone looking for a Touring AWD I can attest to the low supply.

YTD sales up 17.7% (2017 = 187,256 vs 2016 = 159,075

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yes, I had to wait 5 weeks or so for an AWD Touring. There seems to be plenty of other models available at my local dealer lots.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nissan Rogue had sales of 34,349 for June (up 17.4%) and YTD sales of 195,689 (up 31.4%). It looks like they are offering incentives up to $2,750 or 0.0% financing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
They're having a hard time up here In Ontario getting CR-Vs. My dealer does a lot of 'associate' deals as they are the closest dealer to the factory and they can't get enough to fill orders right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
EX is in low supply. My dealer had 26 EX-L, 15 Touring, 20 LX, and 2 EX. I had to wait 2 weeks in June for them to find a trade.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any breakdown of sales by model (Touring, EX-L, etc?) Just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Honda released June 2017 sales today. Can't post link yet

June 2017 CR-V Sales down 4.3% (2017 of 28,342 vs 2016 of 29,615). Per Honda "CR-V suffered slightly in June from low supply of higher trim availability". As someone looking for a Touring AWD I can attest to the low supply.

YTD sales up 17.7% (2017 = 187,256 vs 2016 = 159,075
Crazy. Had no idea the supply on the upper trim was even an issue. Have they said what the main cause of it is? The dealer we test drove at only had 1 AWD Touring in stock at the time.

Think we were lucky with how our purchase went down. Was between the Forester and the CR-V. Ended up inside Subaru negotiating and they refused to come down to what I wanted, so we walked. Next day we test drove a CR-V and my wife loved it over the Forester (We upgraded from a 2005 CR-V, so it makes sense). Wanted specifically White ext / Black int AWD Touring, and they just so happened to have one coming in unclaimed. Bought it that night and while signing papers at 9pm it was delivered. Drove it away next day. So far so good!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I heard otherwise. I just called a few dealers to see the trade in value for a 2017 crv touring awd and they said there are lots of them in PA at the auction brand new selling for 27,500-28,000 for touring models. They said it's probably other dealers not selling enough of them and want to get it off their lots.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I heard otherwise. I just called a few dealers to see the trade in value for a 2017 crv touring awd and they said there are lots of them in PA at the auction brand new selling for 27,500-28,000 for touring models. They said it's probably other dealers not selling enough of them and want to get it off their lots.
Not everyone believes anything a dealer tells them, they are not known for being the most honest people in the world especially if you are trying to trade in a car. They will offer you little for your trade saying its worthless yet once they get it they will price it $4,000 more than what they just gave you for it. Over night its a "hard to find" model worth way more than it was when you had it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i'M with you hans471 and going to call BULL****E on this... first off there are NO brand new cars at auctions. Out of curiosity i looked at average purchase prices in a few different areas of PA for Touring model purchase prices. They are around 32,800 which is invoice... considering hold back is less than a K... either the salesperson or oneslowhonda is full of something... THINK about this .. I totalled my 17 EX AWD 2 weeks ago here in upstate NY. Allstate valued my car (aka gave me) 27380. Keep in mind it was a 3 months old EX and that amount INCLUDED my 500 deductible already taken out!

MIC DROPS............................ LOL

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was at my dealer lot today. Total of 15 2017 CR-V's plus two with sold stickers. All were AWD, 2 were Touring black/black, gunmetal/gray. No EX-L with Nav available. 9 EX-L, 2 White/black, 1 White/beige, 1 Modern Steel, 4 Gunmetal, and Lunar/Black. 4 LX, 1 white, 2 gunmetal, 1 basque red.

Except for the black/black Touring and the MS EX-L none of those cars were on the lot last week when I was there and the other 13 that were there last week ( Molten Lava, Sandstone, EXL's with Nav) are gone. I'm in Northeastern Pa. Also, there are now 3 2017 CR-V's within a block of my house, including mine, and I see them everywhere I go, so they are selling.

In June-Dec 2016 CR-V sales were up because Honda was discounting the CR-V inventory in order to clear them off the lots knowing a new model was coming at the end of the year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dobby10 who is your local dealer? EX-L are hard to locate in Texas.
I'm in NJ. They now show these quantities:
EX - 6
EX-L - 24 (21 AWD & 3 FWD)
LX - 19
Touring - 25

I wanted either Gunmetal or Modern Steel and they took 2 weeks to put together a trade for one. As soon as the paperwork is processed they told me it automatically appears as available on their website until they can mark it as deposit/sold in their system. They said they had multiple calls from people specifically looking for the EX modern steel on the website in the 6 hours it was up for.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I found it difficult to locate Touring AWDs in the last quarter. However I noticed local dealer lots have many more CRVs now but it's still difficult to locate Touring AWDs. There seems to be little interest in the LX trim or Honda is overproducing them. Here's a few AZ dealer quantities:

Chandler 71 CRVs

41 LX
5 EX
21 EX-L
4 Touring

Scottsdale: 42 CRVs

32 - LX
0 - EX
10 - EX-L
0 - Touring

Tucson: 66 CRVs

40 LX
3 EX
14 EX-L
9 Touring

Phoenix: 37 CRVs:

25 LX
2 EX
5 EX-L
5 Touring

·
Registered
106 Posts
Every trim level is not fully stocked at dealerships. Incentives are low right now on the CR-V, whereas they were huge on the outgoing model. No surprise that sales are slightly off. They were practically giving the '16s away for quite a while.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nissan Rogue had sales of 34,349 for June (up 17.4%) and YTD sales of 195,689 (up 31.4%). It looks like they are offering incentives up to $2,750 or 0.0% financing.
I went into a (tampa) nissan dealership in jan to test the Rougue
it was mehhh at best but did have a bunch of features "standard" that the cr-v didn't

seeing the towing limit was 1000 lbs sealed the deal for me (i need more than that) but when the Nissan dealer wouldn't return the keys to the car i had them look at for a trade in, i almost went insane. they kept bs'ing me and trying to get me to talk to the sales manager - i was 30 seconds away from throwing a chair through a window when i noticed my keys on a desk (far away from where i had been talking to my sales rep)

I called the State's attorney and Nissan USA to complain

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Why a shortage on certain trims? Production schedules are set months in advance, and Honda's contracts with suppliers even more so (e.g. "We, Honda, commit to ordering X number of Y widgets to be delivered over six months, starting three months from now") and this can't be adjusted on a dime. Market forecasting isn't perfect, and invoice pricing is rarely adjusted mid-way through a model year. If there's an excess of certain models, incentives can be deployed, but if there's a shortage? Nothing to be done.

And, of course, individual dealers can also mess up their orders with the factory, guessing wrong as to which precise configurations will be in demand.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Come on down to Southside VA. I just left my dlr. and he had plenty of all trims and most colors. Maybe only one or two of Molten Lava but most other colors. I know they are turning inventory cause I'm seeing more and more on the road and they have this dlr's sticker on them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts