Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We already have a 17 CRV Touring and an 18 Pilot EX-L, a family member needed a little help so we picked up an 18 LX this past week. Price was right and all paperwork was done over the phone/internet. Very easy transaction! Compared to the Touring, the LX is not as fancy but still is a very good AWD vehicle. The 2.4L is smooth and the CVT is a willing dance partner. I actually think the cloth seats are more supportive and less lumpy than the seats in our Touring. Should be a good vehicle for a long time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Congratulations. Now that you have two of them in your stable you can do some nice comparison tests.

Rob

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! How would you compare the 2.4L vs. your Touring with the 1.5L turbo?
IMO, the 2.4L is smoother at idle and throughout the rev range. The CVT is excellent in both, allowing good acceleration when needed. The 1.5T pulls much harder especially up here at nearly 6000 feet but sounds like a vacuum. Gas mileage is a wash, both are in the upper 20's around here(low speed rural) and solid mid/upper 30's on the highways around here.
The LX comes in 7-8k less than the Touring. I think both are excellent choices just depends on if the active safety is important to you. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Not to distract from a 2.4/1.5L comparison - that would be interesting.

I just got back from the WY high country and there were oodles of Subaru's on the road. I had to check and sure enough their US sales numbers have been steadily rising the last few years. I never did a test drive.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,196 Posts
Not to distract from a 2.4/1.5L comparison - that would be interesting.

I just got back from the WY high country and there were oodles of Subaru's on the road. I had to check and sure enough their US sales numbers have been steadily rising the last few years. I never did a test drive.
I seriously considered the Subaru Forster and Outback before deciding on the CR-V. The Forster seemed a bit more utilitarian than the CR-V. The Outback was very nice, but much longer than the CR-V and just seemed more like a raised station wagon....and comparably equipped it was much more money than the CR-V. AND I have really no need for AWD, and the extra fuel usage and maintenance costs involved.

One of the reasons I went with the Touring 1.5L was for the Turbo, and the many features the Touring offered. I just happen to like the performance, and fuel economy...and the great safety features. With that said, many folks are pleased with the LX as it is much less money to buy than the Touring. Resale value differences are hypothetical, IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.